10 hours per week | Home Based with some travel
At Citizens Advice Lewisham, we help people find a way forward. Our informed, independent advice assists service users to overcome life’s challenges – from managing money to understanding their housing rights; from navigating benefit rules to clarifying their employment rights. Every year, we support thousands of people in need, giving them a voice and a chance to make things better. You can play an important part in our vital work.
Whilst we rely on volunteers to take-on a wide variety of roles, the day-to-day management and organisation is undertaken by a dedicated team and we are currently looking for a Governance Officer to provide a secretariat function to the Trustee Board and Governance support to the CEO.
In this key role, you will:
- Assist the Chair of Trustees and Company Secretary in managing the governance of the Charity including organising the AGM, liaising with the Charity Commissioners and Companies House and any other regulatory matters
- Distribute Trustee board and subcommittee papers as required to trustees
- Attend Trustee board meetings and record minutes of those meetings, accurately and concisely
- Follow up action points from board meetings
- Deal with any correspondence for the Chair and Trustees
- Organise meetings and book rooms etc. as required
- Support the CEO with compliance and governance issues
- Contribute to the organisational strategy
- Abide by health and safety guidelines and share responsibility for own safety and that of colleagues
- Demonstrate commitment to the aims and policies of the Citizens Advice service
- Undertake such other duties and tasks as may lie within the scope of this post
To be successful, you will:
- An organised approach to their work
- The ability to store and retrieve data both in digital and hard copy format
- Experience of minute taking in a formal setting
- A good understanding of committee process and protocols
- A working knowledge of MS Office and Outlook email system
- An understanding of the need to balance confidentiality and transparency in a charitable environment
- A working knowledge of the UK-GDPR Regulations in relation to Information Assurance regulations and the protection of sensitive information
- A willingness to attend meetings in person for which travelling expenses will be paid
For further information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button.
Closing date: 9.30am on 19th November 2021
Citizens Advice Lewisham is the operating name of Lewisham Citizens Advice Bureaux, charity number 1075040.