Citizens Advice Medway (CAM) is the leading advice charity supporting individuals and families primarily across the Medway Towns. We provide a range of information, support and advice services. We also work to raise awareness and understanding of the challenging issues affecting our clients and communities.
The person appointed will be responsible for:
- Providing Financial Management and working with the Senoir Management Team
- The effective management of the Finance Function to include budgetory control
The successful person will have a range of abilitied including:
- Demonstrable evidence of achieving financil objectives, ideally through high level accountancy and budgetory control
- Previous experience in preparing and maintaing annual budgets and variance reporting
- Preparation of monthly and quartely management and year-end Accounts
- Confident with Quickbooks and Microsoft packagaes
Strong Compentencies and knowledge are required in the following areas:
- Charity/or not-for profit accounting and governance
- Budgetory control for multiple projects.
- Financial Reporting and analysis
- An understanding of VAT
- Ensure current IT systems are kept up to date and supported appropriately
- Outstanding communication skills ( both written and verbal)
- Successfully interacting with a wide range of persons
- Oversee the smooth running of the office premises and rental income
- Work closely with SMT to identify and implement simplifications and improvements to charity’s processes and procedures.
- Oversee payroll (outsourced) and Maintain staff records and calculation of Annual Leave and sick leave via our Simply Personal system.
- Accounting professional qualification - CIMA/other - (Minimum AAT - Technician)
To apply please submit a CV which should be accompanied by a cover letter, outlining how you meet the requirements of the role.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so the post may be filled before the closing date.