As Advocacy Service Manager, you will oversee, inform and create a service delivery strategy that contributes to the effectiveness of the service and is contract compliant.
You will lead on the service delivery of the One advocacy contract, a statutory provision within Citizens Advice Mid Mercia (CAMM).
You will provide a robust, reliable, professional, consistent and boundaried service to adults within Derby City, with a small team of direct reports; staff and volunteers alike:
• RPPR (DoLS)
• Care Act
• NHS complaints
• Specialist (non-statutory advocacy).
Planning and development
• Have safeguarding is at the forefront of all practice within the One advocacy team
• Advise Dep. CEO/SMT on staffing and service delivery issues
• Co-ordinate activities, procedures and systems to promote common policies and/or practices within the appropriate service delivery area
• Implement IT and other resource strategies within CAMM guidelines
• Participate in initiatives as appropriate and contribute to the work of partners and stakeholders
• Support the strategic development of CAMM & One advocacy, to ensure its management and services to clients reflect and support the CAMM quality and diversity strategy.
• Record and analyse data to provide reports to Commissioners
• Supervise the work of the team to ensure that standards meet CAMM and funders contractual requirements
• Ensure service delivery and adequate cover from available staff
• Monitor, report and feedback the quality of advocacy support provided
• Maintain and develop standards of service delivery
• Research, identify and respond to advocacy needs, in particular the needs of identified vulnerable client demographics
• Ensure that appropriate systems are developed and maintained for case recording, statistics, follow up work and quality control
• Assist and advise the relevant managers on compliance with CAMM and external funders
• Provide performance reports on a monthly basis to the Dep. CEO.
• Contribute to decisions on allocation of resources
• Oversee the team budget for expenses and training
• Responsibility for spot purchase contracts, invoices and payments.
• Ensure all team members are aware of, and able to effectively report and disclose safeguarding concerns
• Ability to delegate as appropriate
• Attend regular meetings of the management team
• Schedule, attend and document regular team meetings
• Create a positive working environment in which equality and diversity are well-managed, dignity at work is upheld and staff can do their best, ensuring CORE values are adhered to at all times
• Ensure the effective performance management and development of staff through weekly supervision sessions, the appraisal process and learning and development, incl. the disciplinary and capability processes and reflective practice
• Able to prioritise own caseload, and that of individual team members
• Plan and allocate work, monitor achievement of deadlines and support staff as appropriate
• Ensure that the service area is adequately staffed and resourced
• In accordance with CAMM and service procedures, assist the SMT in implementing employment policies and procedures
• Encourage good teamwork and lines of communication between all members of staff
• Ensure recruitment, induction and training of new staff as appropriate.
• Oversee and monitor effective and efficient administrative systems
• Monitor an effective health and safety policy with regard to staff, equipment and premises within statutory requirements
• Maintain complaints procedures in accordance with CAMM guidelines.
Learning and development
• Undertake mentoring, coaching and effective development of staff and volunteers by checking competences, case reviews, file audits and shadowing
• Identify and implement own learning and development needs
• Maintain the service area's learning and development plan
• Identify knowledge gaps within the team and source external training
• Record all individual and team training attended, for Commissioners reports
• Identify the learning and development needs of staff through support and supervision and contribute towards CAMM’s learning and development plan.
• The ability to commit to, and work within, the aims, principles and policies of CAMM and one advocacy
• Proven ability to manage people including the ability to recruit, develop and motivate staff and volunteers
• Able to create a positive working environment in which equality and diversity are well managed, dignity at work is upheld and staff are empowered and motivated to do their best
• Ability to monitor and maintain casework systems and procedures
• Proven ability of monitoring and maintaining service delivery against agreed targets
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
• Ability to analyse and interpret complex information and produce and present clear reports verbally and in writing
• Ability to ensure best use of IT systems and packages in the provision of advice services
• Ability to monitor and analyse statistics and to check accuracy of calculations
• Ability to work with a variety of organisations and to earn and maintain the trust of those people
• Ability to lead and contribute to a team, including the ability to prioritise own work and the work of others, and take decisions in the day to day running of a busy service area, with constant interruptions
• Ability to manage a budget and contribute to decisions on the allocation of resources
• Ability to plan and manage projects
• Commitment to continuing professional development (CPD)
• Adhere to CAMM CORE values at all times.
Reports to: Deputy CEO/SMT
Interviews will be held when suitable candidates apply.
This vacancy will close when a suitable candidate has been found.
An application form and guidance can be downloaded from our website or this advertisement.
All completed applications should be sent to the email address at the end of the application form.
Covid-19 measures in place in all office locations.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.