Hours per week: 15
Fixed term until 29 October 2021
Citizens Advice Runnymede & Spelthorne is seeking a motivated and creative individual to help transform our training and development offering for our staff and volunteers. This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic candidate to create a new, structured and supportive approach to our learning while having a direct impact on the organisation’s objectives of helping our local community.
Citizens Advice Runnymede and Spelthorne provides advice to over 3000 people a year, helping them with over 11,000 different problems including housing, debt, benefits and employment. We have a small professional team working alongside 35 volunteers to provide advice across Runnymede and Spelthorne. We are a local charity at the heart of our community entirely funded by grants and donations, and we are a member of national Citizens Advice.
About the role:
The role will report to the Chief Officer and lead on the training and development of volunteers and staff.
• Lead the strategy on the Training and Development of new volunteers and staff
• Ensure that all volunteers reach and maintain the level of competence required for their role as specified by Citizens Advice
• Working with the Advice Services Manager to ensure that the quality standards set out by Citizens Advice are met through case checking and providing feedback where required
• Develop and deliver group training sessions as needed
• Ensure appropriate tracking and documentation of learning in accordance with Citizens Advice
• Co-ordinate training delivery with external partners as needed
• Ensure ongoing analysis of training needs based on current and future requirements of the business
• Develop and monitor metrics to evaluate the success of training
• Well organised with the ability to prioritise your own work
• Experience with training of staff in either 121 or classroom environment
• Effective facilitation and presentation skills
• A strong team player, who is able to work with the minimum amount of supervision
• Experience in learning design and delivering training programmes
• Experience leading a team over geographically dispersed sites
• Track record of delivering business transformation through training that is innovative
• Demonstrable ability to motivate, lead and enhance the team
Closing Date: 11/10/2020