“we sort out problems together, for good”
Last year we helped over 15,500 people resolve over 31,000 problems - with your help we can make an even greater impact in the years ahead.
Carers Information & Advice Service – Project Supervisor/Caseworker
NJC Scale SO2 £31,959 to £33,627 per annum - plus 5% pension supplement
Full-time – 35 hours per week
Post funded by Southwark Council
Citizens Advice Southwark is funded to provide an information and advice service for anyone who cares for an adult, or a child with disabilities in Southwark. Free information and advice is available, from help with filling in forms, through to advice on welfare benefits and community care, and referrals for community care assessments. We are looking for a project supervisor/caseworker to lead the team.
The role includes:
- Managing a high quality generalist advice service and undertaking casework for Carers in Southwark
- Ensuring that reporting requirements are met and targets monitored for the Service
- Representing the Service externally
- Providing support and supervision to the projects paid staff and volunteers
- Taking up research and campaigns issues in accordance with the aims and principles of the Citizens Advice Service
To be successful you will need to have:
- Recent experience of giving Generalist Advice to the public and of the Gateway Assessment process. This should include having undertaken casework in welfare rights, employment and housing
- Experience of staff supervision and of overseeing the quality of the advice given by others
- The ability to develop, plan, monitor and evaluate services
- An understanding of the advice needs and issues for Carers
In return, we can offer you a range of employee benefits, including generous annual leave, an employer matched pension contribution, and training and development opportunities to continue your professional development.
Closing date: 10.00 AM Friday 15 December 2017
Interviews: Tuesday 19 December 2017
For more information and to apply, please click on the Apply on Website button.
Citizens Advice Southwark is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all applicants who meet the person specification irrespective of sex, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, age, or disability.
Funded by London Borough of Southwark
Registered charity no: 1070263