“Providing free, independent, confidential and impartial advice”
Citizens Advice Southwark has a track record of delivering high-quality services from its offices in Peckham and Bermondsey and outreach locations across Southwark and South East London. We sort out problems together, for good, by providing free, independent, confidential and impartial advice across all areas of social welfare law, and through using the experience of our clients to bring about positive change through research and campaigns.
Generalist Adviser – Covid-19 Financial Shield Project
Salary: NJC Salary Scale 6 - £29,194 to £30,754 per annum
Term: Fixed Term to 31 March 2022
When the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme and other Covid-19 related protections for households eventually come to an end, there is expected to be a significant rise in financial difficulties and debt problems, especially amongst already vulnerable people and people with long term health conditions.
To help address this Citizens Advice Southwark is working with the local Primary Care Networks to create a healthcare pathway allowing general practice to identify local residents that would benefit from pro-active and targeted money advice and financial support.
To deliver this exciting new project we are looking for 4 full time generalist advisers who will be based at our offices and at GP surgeries in Bermondsey and Peckham and will work closely with Social Prescribing Link Workers employed by South and North Southwark Primary Care Networks.
In this role you will take referrals from local GPs surgeries and other services, and provide 1:1 advice and support to people with complex needs, developing personalised plans to tackle their debt and financial liabilities.
To undertake this role you will need:
- At least six months recent experience of providing Generalist Advice to the public including casework in welfare rights, housing and debt.
- Proven ability to interview clients using sensitive listening and questioning skills to get to the root of issues and empower clients in a non-judgmental way.
- An understanding of the financial challenges facing citizens, especially as a result of COVID.
- Ability to work closely with and develop relationships with a wide range of stakeholders across organisations and sectors, including health and voluntary and community sector.
- Ability to commit to and work within the aims and principles of Citizens Advice Southwark.
Closing date: 9.00 am Monday 1st February 2021
Interviews Wednesday 3rd & Thursday 4th February 2021
For further information and an application pack please visit our website.
We offer a range of employee benefits, including generous annual leave, an employer matched pension contribution up to 10% salary, and training and development opportunities to continue your professional development.
Citizens Advice Southwark is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all applicants who meet the person specification irrespective of sex, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, age, or disability.