”we sort out problems together, for good”
Last year we helped 20,000 people resolve over 45,000 problems - with your help, we can make an even greater impact in the years ahead. Join us to work alongside our Chief Executive, and help ensure our services are ready to meet the growing needs of our communities.
We are looking to recruit a Senior Advice Session Supervisor to lead a large team of staff and volunteers in providing a high quality generalist advice and information service across our three main offices in Bermondsey, Peckham and Walworth, outreaches, telephone and digital access channels.
The role includes:
- To assist the Generalist Service Manager in providing a high quality advice and information service by face to face, telephone and digital access channels
- Supervising advice and gateway assessment sessions
- Supporting and supervising staff and volunteers
- Co-ordinating the take up of research & campaigns issues in accordance with the aims and principles of the Citizens Advice Service
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Minimum of one year’s experience in the role of Advice Session Supervisor. This should include an understanding of the provision of staff and volunteer support, development and motivation.
- Recent experience of advice work including advising or supporting on complex cases in welfare rights, employment, housing and debt.
- Knowledge of the type of social policy issues facing the local community, and a commitment to influencing social policy.
- A commitment and understanding of the Service’s aims, principles and equal opportunities policies
Closing date: 9.00am Monday 6th December
Interview date: Thursday 9th December
For further information and an application pack please visit our website via the apply button.
Citizens Advice Southwark is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all applicants who meet the person specification irrespective of sex, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, age, or disability.
Funded by London Borough of Southwark.