“we sort out problems together, for good”
Last year we helped over 15,500 people resolve over 31,000 problems - with your help we can make an even greater impact in the years ahead.
Universal Credit Mitigation Project- Outreach Advice Worker
NJC Scale 6 £26,872 per annum pro rata - plus 5% pension supplement
Part–time 21 hours per week
Twelve months Fixed Term Contract
Funded by United Saint Saviour's Trust
Citizens Advice Southwark has funding for 12 months to provide an information and advice service for Universal Credit claimants at outreach locations in Southwark. The roll-out of Universal Credit and related welfare reforms is impacting many households in north Southwark. Drawing together the main advice agencies in the area, this new project will provide additional support services to local people over the critical Universal Credit implementation period.
The role includes:
- To providing high quality advice and undertake casework for Universal Credit Claimants at Outreach locations in Southwark
- Taking up Research & Campaigns issues in accordance with the aims and principles of the Citizens Advice Service
- Providing a referral and signposting route into other appropriate services to ensure the advice offer is holistic
- Representing Citizens Advice Southwark to partner organisations by demonstrating our aims and principles in a professional and courteous manner
To be successful you will need to have:
- Recent experience of providing Generalist Advice to the public and of the Gateway Assessment process. This should include having undertaken casework in welfare rights and housing
- The ability to analyse and interpret complex information and be able to show how you would relay this in an understandable way
- An understanding of the legal and financial issues that Universal Credit claimants may face
In return, we can offer you a range of employee benefits, including generous annual leave, an employer matched pension contribution, and training and development opportunities to continue your professional development.
Closing date: 10.00 AM Friday 15 December 2017
Interviews: Tuesday 19 December 2017
For more information and to apply, please click on the Apply on Website button.
Citizens Advice Southwark is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all applicants who meet the person specification irrespective of sex, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, age, or disability.