2 year fixed term contract with potential to extend
Flexible locations across West Sussex with homeworking opportunities
We have an exciting opportunity to join our thriving team as a Business Development Manager, to support us to grow with new opportunities and working with others.
We have ambitious plans to deliver high quality services, to make an impact and improve the lives of our service users and the community they live in. This newly created role will be an important part of the Senior Management Team, reporting directly to our new CEO. You will build and oversee a team of fundraising volunteers and help us shape and deliver our future strategy.
You will have experience of stakeholder relationships and building partnerships, including CCGs, statutory and local authorities. You’ll understand the charity fundraising landscape and have proven success in bid writing, securing new and existing services – and you’ll have a passion for making a difference.
- Paid annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Company Sick Pay (Qualifying period required)
- Company pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible employer sensitive to the needs of today’s workforce
- Commitment to continued professional development
- Working for a locally focused charity dedicated to assisting and empowering the community, and helping influence changes to government policy
How to Apply
For more information please take a look at the Role Description within the Job Pack, available on our website via the Apply button.
Closing date: 9am on 11 November 2020
Interview date: 16 or 20 November 2020
Citizens Advice in West Sussex reserve the right to close early or extend this vacancy.
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in successful partnership or business development role
- Excellent knowledge of stakeholder management and developing relationships
- Experience of working effectively with a range of commissioners and funders and other stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience of successful fundraising and business development
- Experience of successful project and service development and implementation
- Proven knowledge of the third/voluntary sector fundraising environment
Citizens Advice in West Sussex (North, South, East) (CAWS) is a registered charity and part of the national Citizens Advice Network. We operate with the twin aims of the Citizens Advice service; providing advice people need for the problems they face, and working to improve the policies and practices that affect people’s lives. The service we provide is free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities. We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination.