1 year fixed term
Flexible location within West Sussex, travel required
We are looking for someone to help us expand and transform our client advice services by developing and improving our operational procedures as we go through a period of rapid growth. You will work with our service delivery teams to ensure we have the right resources and processes in place to deliver to increase our capacity and reach more people through digital and face to face services.
You will be a problem solver who works well with people, excellent planning skills and able to implement them, able to set and work to KPIs and a commitment to delivering value for client services.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an innovative and thriving organisation who can quickly make a big impact in our service delivery.
- Paid annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Company Sick Pay (Qualifying period required)
- Company pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible employer sensitive to the needs of today’s workforce
- Commitment to continued professional development
- Working for a locally focused charity dedicated to assisting and empowering the community, and helping influence changes to government policy
How to Apply
For more information please take a look at the Role Description within the Job Pack, available on our website via the Apply button.
Closing date: 9am on 9 November 2020
Interview date: 10 November 2020
Citizens Advice in West Sussex reserve the right to close early or extend this vacancy.
Essential knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of the diverse communities in Crawley, Mid Sussex and other areas in West Sussex
- Knowledge and experience of project planning in a work or other role
- Experience of working with or lived experience of the needs of diverse communities and people of different backgrounds, and the barriers they face
- Experience of engagement with people to gain insight including one to one interviews, focus groups, surveys and activities
- Experience in researching and recording information, including evaluating data, feedback and presenting it back to different people.
Citizens Advice in West Sussex (North, South, East) (CAWS) is a registered charity and part of the national Citizens Advice Network. We operate with the twin aims of the Citizens Advice service; providing advice people need for the problems they face, and working to improve the policies and practices that affect people’s lives. The service we provide is free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities. We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination.