Department: Funded Programmes
Citizens Advice offers confidential advice online, over the phone, and in person, for free. Through our national network of charities, we give people the knowledge and the confidence they need to find their way forward – whoever they are, and whatever their problem.
We particularly welcome applications from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as BAME and disabled people are currently under-represented throughout Citizens Advice. We are a member of the race equality campaign at Business in the Community, the Prince’s responsible business network and are committed to improving employment opportunities for ethnic minorities across the UK. We also welcome applications from, LGB and Trans and non binary candidates.
We have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in role profiles.
Citizens Advice Consumer Service
The Project Development Manager will join the consumer service team in leading the development and improvement of this exciting and evolving service. The role also supports the development of projects and services, showing leadership to integrate an agile, product-based and user-focused way of working.
The role will manage a project team, to help continually improve and develop the service. The team’s work involves:
- project management of ongoing and new continuous improvement projects
- designing and developing service improvements through regular agile design sprints
- using business analysis techniques and practices to investigate, understand and analyse user needs and business requirements
- researching and implementing products - digital and non-digital
- championing agile, lean and user-focused techniques and practices
- collaborating with people and teams in other disciplines
- engaging with and influencing relevant stakeholders, including funders, suppliers and users
- supporting and influencing development and change within the service, and other projects and services across the wider organisation.
This dynamic role will develop your skills in leadership, user research, agile working, problem solving, solution design and project management, enabling you to deliver continuous improvement in the service, department and organisation.
You can find out more about the role in the job pack available on our website via the Apply button.
If you decide to complete an application, please use the STAR format for each of your answers to the person specification criteria, using one or two clear examples of your experience for each one
The National Citizens Advice Operates from offices in England and Wales, with 4 regional offices based in Cardiff, London, Birmingham and Leeds, therefore all successful applicants must be based within England or Wales.
Please note, in the event of a high number of applications, we reserve the right to close the application early.
Interview date: w/c 4 October 2021 (TBC)
This vacancy closes at 23.59 on the closing date.