Please note you must include a covering letter to be considered for this role.
We’re looking for an experienced consultant with knowledge of digital inclusion and ideally digital transformation. You will lead digital inclusion research projects with clients, making recommendations to improve digital inclusion provision within organisations and in local communities. You’ll be a brilliant collaborator, able to forge strong relationships with partners based on trust and mutual respect. You’ll be committed to delivering value to our clients, will have excellent people skills and be comfortable dealing with a range of stakeholders from CEOs to volunteers.
The role requires good analytical skills to conduct strategic reviews and excellent written English to produce findings and recommendation reports for clients. You will lead projects, working closely with the Research Team and Operations Manager to ensure work is delivered to a high standard, within agreed timescales. To successfully engage with clients and communities you will deliver online workshops (with a co-host) for 15-60 people, such as research workshops, training and partnership building meetings (remotely at the moment) so you’ll be a confident public speaker and comfortable engaging with an audience. You will support the development of Digital Champion Programmes with clients, often working closely with our Digital Champion Coordinators.
You’ll be curious to find ways to improve digital inclusion in the UK. You’ll be proactive and identify new business opportunities for research and also clients, supporting the Senior Leadership team to write bids and proposals.
The role is home based with regular contact with clients and colleagues via video calls. We expect the role to involve UK travel to engage face to face with clients when Covid19 restrictions allow. You’ll be supported in your role by the Managing Director and the Citizens Online team.
Your responsibilities - Research and Consultation
- Work with client stakeholders to explore digital transformation and inclusion issues. Understanding the client and end user needs to make recommendations for improvements
- Analyse relevant policy and digital strategies for lead organisations and others in a locality
- Conduct digital maturity assessments
- Capture learning from the work and build in evaluation and monitoring where possible
- Produce reports of finding and recommendations
- Run group engagement and training workshops
- Identify new research and client opportunities
- Support the Senior Management Team in writing bids and proposals
- Keep up to date with developments and trends around social inclusion/ digital inclusion policy and feed this into the development of the programme where appropriate
- Share knowledge and learning about digital inclusion and related issues
Programme Management & Delivery
- Develop relationships of trust and understanding with key local stakeholders
- Work collaboratively in partnership with local stakeholders
- Ensure the support and outputs we provide are of consistently high standard
- Lead the project team to ensure delivery of agreed outputs for clients, acting as the main contact for clients
- Manage day to day project activity across multiple projects
- Work with the team and the Managing Director to manage and project risks
- Identify ways to improve process and systems
- Work with the team to develop training materials, resources and other materials
- Innovate and adapt to achieve outcomes
Person Specification - Essential Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience of programme / project management and delivery
- Ability to understand client needs and design support and recommendations to achieve their outcomes
- Writing compelling research, findings and recommendations reports
- Building and maintaining good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Working collaboratively in partnership with multiple organisations
- Experience of group facilitation
- Understanding of monitoring and evaluation
- An organised self-starter, who can work on their own initiative to deliver results and develop and empower responsive teams
- Ability to communicate effectively over the phone, digitally, and in person with a variety of service users
- Knowledge and understanding of digital inclusion and the implications of being digitally excluded. Sensitivity and compassion around societal inequality, exclusion and discrimination
- Enthusiasm about digital skills, tools and services. Confident and excited about learning new things on the go, as needed. We use slack, trello, hubspot etc
Desirable Experience and Skills
- Experience of working on service change projects and building business cases
- Working in public, private and third sector
- Knowledge of the digital skills sector
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.