Initially 6 month contract, 14 hours per week.
The post holder will work with the Head of Marketing & Outreach to promote the charity’s mission and its services primarily by managing City Gateway’s digital marketing and social media activity and campaigns.
This is the ideal role for an entrepreneurial self-starter with digital and social marketing experience who is keen to make their mark on an evolving charity with a fantastic mission. This is a key role working within a busy marketing department. You must be a dynamic, strategic thinker with the ability to drive projects forward and apply an evidence-based marketing approach.
- Update City Gateway’s website and manage the back end processes and data downloads.
- Lead search engine management activity including SEO and PPC campaigns via management of a digital agency.
- Review Google Analytics regularly and make recommendations to optimise the user journey and experience.
- Keep abreast of the latest digital marketing trends and techniques, liaising with similar charities and other organisations to employ best practice.
- Evolve and develop City Gateway’s social media strategy to increase visibility and engagement with City Gateway’s audiences managing content creation and building our social media communities.
- Assist the Head of Marketing to implement the Marketing Strategy and subsequent annual plans, taking ownership of digital and media output and promotional activity.
- Understand City Gateway’s delivery model and all the options available to service users.
- Be a brand guardian for the Charity, ensuring best practice and consistency throughout our public profile while also building brand presence and recognition.
- Develop and implement innovative and measurable digital marketing and social media acquisition campaigns to support the work of outreach to recruit students to City Gateway programmes.
- Develop end-to-end understanding of the recruitment cycle and coordinate marketing initiatives internally to ensure adequate retention through the engagement and onboarding period.
- Produce regular KPIs on the effectiveness of marketing activity including social media and website activity and take optimisation action as required.
- Complete evaluations of projects and make recommendations for future campaigns.
- Manage relationships with digital, print and creative agencies to the agreed performance criteria.
- Deputise for the Head of Marketing as needed.
City Gateway is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. Safe recruitment of staff is central to this commitment. Employment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check in line with City Gateway’s DBS & Risk Assessment Policy and past employment checks.
Equality and Diversity
City Gateway is committed to equality and valuing diversity. We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.
PLEASE NOTE: To apply please send your CV and a cover letter.