City Hearts was founded in 2005, beginning with a single home to help women with life controlling issues, shortly after we welcomed our first survivor of modern slavery. Since then, we have expanded across multiple regions and now provide accommodation and outreach support to hundreds of survivors of modern slavery every year, as well as continuing to house and support women with life controlling issues. We are passionate about restoring the lives of those we support, and it would not be possible without our dedicated team of staff and volunteers.
How this role fits into the vision and objectives of City Hearts
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Bright Future Administrator. This service meets a gap in matching Survivors of Modern Slavery to safe, stable and permanent employment with reputable Bright Future Businesses Partners, on a national scale. Your role would be to facilitate the smooth running of this service in the form of administration and maintaining good working relationships with both Bright Future Charity and Business partners.
• To process and vet referrals from charity partners
• To match successful referrals to business placements
• To track the progression of placements using the client management system
• To collect data from referrals, matching process and placement questionnaires which can be fed back to the BF management board
• To respond to queries from both charity and business partners via phone and email in a professional manner
• To support in developing new Bright Future policy and procedure documents
• To develop and maintain good working relationships with both business and charity partners
• To complete reference letters as per request by Bright Future candidates
• To complete case studies and testimonies for successful Bright Future placements
• Promoting Bright Future– this may include attending events on behalf of Bright Future as a whole:
- Participating in team meetings
- Regular supervision meetings with Line Manager
• Providing occasion support to other programmes within the same department, including ISP, Reach-in and Health and Wellbeing.
• Adhering to all internal procedures regarding City Hearts.