We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Outreach Manager, based in our North-West region,
focusing on our Outreach support. This role is to report to the Senior Serivce Manager, and work
alongside other Service Managers to manage and maintain high levels of service delivery. You will directly
oversee between 3-5 Coordinators. You will work with those Coordinators to ensure that; contractual
KPI's are met, clients are supported effectively, staff are developed, and internal process and procedures
are followed, to a high standard. Where required, you will also play a role in implementing service and
• Oversight, line management, and support of Coordinators, incl. effective supervisions and yearly appraisals.
• Ensure all KPIs and service standards are met by staff incl. referrals, exits, paperwork submission.
• Use baseline, checklists, quality control and other systems to monitor and support effective service delivery.
• Ensure staff effectively carry out their roles, as per their job description.
• Manage client or external complaints with the support of Deputy Head of Services when necessary.
• Work with the other Service Managers, and all stakeholders to use, support and develop appropriate systems
and processes, to ensure that services function effectively.
• Ensure all clients are being supported effectively, and assist Coordinators with problem-solving and managing
incidents/safeguarding issues, where necessary
• Work in partnership with local Safeguarding lead.
• Ensure all staff are supported and managed effectively, incl. ensuring annual-leave/sickness/TOIL procedure is
followed by Coordinators.
• Ensure appropriate lone-working safety procedures are implemented and developed where required.
• Ensure all month-end procedure is followed by staff, and information submitted effectively.
• Oversight and regular monitoring of CMS (client-management-system).
• Maintain and develop local services and agency links, attending suitable networking meetings as requested.
• Attend relevant team meetings – incl. management meetings, and local team meetings.
• Communicate with the Salvation Army VCC team where necessary.
• Work alongside HR staff to support Coordinators in managing or problem-solving any HR-related issues.
• Assist in developing and delivering training for staff in the NW.
• Communicating with the finance team appropriately with regards to month-end, financial requirements for
the local services, and problem-solving.
• Sign off expenses and spend in-line with expenses policy.
• Oversight of staff and on-call rotas.
• Following all City Hearts policies and procedures, and bringing insight into policy and procedural development.
• Take a role in supporting volunteers in the region, when required.
• To be ‘on-call’, out of hours approximately one week in three/four - managing and accepting referrals, and
dealing with out-of-hours incidents.
• Oversee other services or a team in the absence of Coordinator (ie. Holiday or sickness).
• To maintain and build the City Hearts culture and values across the staff team in the region.
• To promote the work of City Hearts this may include; attending fundraising events, conferences, speaking.