We are looking for an administrator with an eye for detail who can help facilitate the smooth running of the charity through effective organisation with the Finance Department. They will work with the Finance team to help with the implementation of financial systems in line with all internal and The Salvation Army key performance indicators, policies, and procedures.
City Hearts was founded in 2005, beginning with a single home to help women with life controlling issues, shortly after we welcomed our first survivor of modern slavery. Since then, we have expanded across multiple regions and now provide accommodation and outreach support to hundreds of survivors of modern slavery every year, as well as continuing to house and support women with life controlling issues. In 2018 we partnered with South Yorkshire Police to launch About Face, a trauma-informed programme committed to breaking the cycle of crime, partnering alongside other organisations such as South Yorkshire Police, Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service, Drug and Alcohol Services, amongst many others. We are passionate about restoring the lives of those we support, and it would not be possible without our dedicated team of staff and volunteers.
As an organisation we are committed to supporting your success and providing you with a wealth of skills, training and opportunities as well as staff benefits to enhance your employment. These will include:
• Regular accredited and in-house training on specialist subjects such as trauma, mental health, safeguarding, working with addictions and much more
• Commitment to annual salary reviews
• Progression opportunities
• Annual staff survey and focus groups – have your say!
• 30 days holiday per year (plus accrued holiday days for length of service)
• Medicash – Employee healthcare plans that focus on wellbeing
• 3% employer contribution pension scheme
- Job Title: Finance Administrator
- Reports to: Finance Manager
- Contracted Hours: 37.5 per week
- Contract Duration: Until the 29th June 2025
- Salary: £20,000 per annum
- Location: Position can be based in either Sheffield or Liverpool
- Closing Date: 30th November
- Interview Date: w/c 29th November
- Probationary Period: 3 months
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Finance Manager in cash flow management, including but not limited to
- Petty cash management and reconciliation across all project areas
- Expenses reimbursement
- Credit card spend and reconciliation
- Allowances for all clients
- Management of the office safe
- Assist the Finance Manager with contract obligations including but not limited to
- Gathering, checking and submission of mileage forms
- Gathering, checking and submission of casual and contract payroll
- Gathering, checking and submission of costs for external invoicing
- Banking of any income
- Liaising with other City Hearts locations to maintain financial records across the organisation
- Assist the Finance Manager to develop systems to improve the efficiency of financial administration. To increase the quality of output, resourcing and releasing front line case work with survivors of modern day slavery
- Maintaining accurate records on internal financial reports
- Tracking and collating all data for the above from staff and volunteers
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Good working knowledge of Excel and word are essential.
• Ability to work in a Team
• Ability to work under pressure
• Good communication skills
• Good organisational skills
• Good people skills
• Ability to research
• Consistent, reliable and professional.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.