We are looking for an enthusiastic fundraising professional with at least three years’ experience working within a similar organisation or client base to develop our grant and donor giving. You will have the ability to understand why our work is important and how we deliver it, and to communicate this to a variety of donors, conveying both the urgency and the opportunity. As we are a growing organisation, part of your role will be developing and improving fundraising approach and practice. Working closely with our Head of Fundraising and Development you will work to generate new income streams into the charity to support its core costs and pioneering industry leading projects.
Job Title: Fundraising Manager (Donors and Grants)
Reports to: Head of Fundraising and Development
Contracted Hours: 37.5 hours
Contract Duration: Until 29th June 2025
Salary: £27,000-£30,000 per annum (negotiable depending on experience)
Location: Remote (with the options of office based working in Sunderland, Sheffield or Liverpool)
Closing Date: 12th August
Probationary Period: 3 months
We are looking to develop our income generation strategy by advancing our donor and grant giving work. This role will focus on building upon and growing our existing donors and supporters as well as developing a consistent pipeline of grant based income. This will be achieved through a variety of approaches.
In Grant Funding we are looking for someone able to:
• Build and manage relationships with funders.
• Create a consistent pipeline of growing opportunities
• Identify opportunities for multi-year funding
• Write small to medium applications and project manage larger bids in collaboration with team and other stakeholders.
• Track application pipeline
• Be creative in forming ongoing funding relationships.
• Contribute to contract tendering as required.
In donor engagement we are looking for someone to:
• Improve and maintain excellent donor journey to increase the number and value of gifts from Individuals
• Create and manage a programme of fundraising events from conception to completion that engages existing and new supporters generating an income stream.
• Coordinate the development and delivery of regular fundraising appeals alongside the Head of Fundraising and Development .
• Maintain a comprehensive knowledge base of supporters and their demographics in a GDPR compliant manner.
• Manage all donor thanking process bringing a personal and consistent approach.
• Create and develop effective welcome strategies for new supporters across different channels.
• Ensure dynamic two-way engagement with supporters
• Report on supporter attrition and satisfaction
• Build a donor profile