We are looking for an experienced and result-driven Fundraising Officer to join an emerging
department tasked with growing our individual donor base, grants and trusts income. The role will
include exciting opportunities to manage the relationships with our individual givers, and
contributing towards small to medium grant funding applications and seeking to develop new
relationships with corporate and major gift donors. You will be a key player in the charity's
communications and marketing plan to promote impact and engage new supporters in creative
The successful candidate will manage their own caseload of funding applications and donor
relationships. We are looking for someone who can work in a changing environment with a good
understanding of fundraising regulations.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Contributing to fundraising strategy and ongoing development.
• Communicating with individual donors on a regular basis
• Liaise with local community organisations to extend income and activity in line with strategy.
• Provide face-to-face talks and presentations to community organisations.
• Arrange appropriate volunteer representation at events in the community, spreading the
charity’s reach cost-effectively.
• Following up new donors and increasing engagement opportunities for them with City
• Identifying pipeline fundraising opportunities
• Developing creative funding applications in partnership with the wider City Hearts team and
• Developing new donor relationships with corporates and major donors
• Ideation and creation of fundraising events
• Maintaining a strong online social media presence to promote fundraising activities, replying
to messages and comments
• Working closely with teams across the charity to understand the impact of our services and
promote these to supporters
• Arrange appropriate events that drive engagement across our supporters.
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Track record of working with individual donors
• Experience contributing individual donor and conversion strategies
• Possess a track record of leading successful applications to grant makers and charitable
• Experience in fundraising and donor stewardship
• Experience operating bid/proposal information systems, including commissioner portals and
ability to utilise internal systems and data.
• Membership of the Institute of Fundraising would also be advantageous but is not essential