How this role fits into the vision and objectives of City Hearts
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Male Health and Wellbeing Worker. The Health and Wellbeing team bring the ‘added extra’ to the service that we provide as an organisation. You will be part of the team that are responsible for running ‘drop in’ sessions for clients, creating a warm, welcoming and fun atmosphere. Creativity, organisation and a big smile are some key characteristics of a health and wellbeing worker. Other areas that you will be involved with include; personalised client appointments, organising activities at our Male accommodation, connecting with other local services and delivering courses such as the ‘Restoring You’ course.
What you can expect from a career at City Hearts
As an organisation we are committed to supporting your success and providing you with a wealth of skills, training and opportunities as well as staff benefits to enhance your employment. These will include:
• Regular accredited and in-house training on specialist subjects such as trauma, mental health,
• Group Supervision every 6 weeks with qualified therapists
• Commitment to annual salary reviews
• Progression opportunities
• Annual staff survey and focus groups – have your say!
• 30 days holiday per year (plus accrued holiday days for length of service)
• Perkbox national ‘perks’ and discount scheme
• 3% employer contribution pension scheme
Job Title: Health and Wellbeing Worker (Male)
Reports to: Health and Wellbeing Coordinator
Contracted Hours: 24 hours per week
Contract Duration: Fixed until 31st March 2021
Salary: £18, 400 pro rata per annum
Closing Date: 10th August 2020
Interview Date: 19th August 2020
Probationary Period: 3 Months
• To administrate the smooth running of weekly drop in sessions.
• Capture and meet the needs of men, women and families who attend the drop in.
• Support the Modern Slavery family accommodation team with their clients and needs this could involve but not limited to; attending and arranging appointments, running parenting courses, providing advocacy and advice.
• To work with the various services in South Yorkshire offering support and expertise to families.
• Maintain accurate records of work carried out with clients.
• Assist with entry and exit planning for clients including but not limited to orientation within the city, registration with services, liaising with move-on accommodation.
• Safeguarding and risk assessing clients and inputting into support plans.
• Delivering City Hearts Restoring You course and other wellbeing courses to client groups.
• Developing and delivering sessions on healthy relationships.
• Advocate on behalf of clients to ensure their needs are met, reducing their risk of vulnerability.
• Implement the delivery of H+W activity programme through the drop in. Adhering to all internal procedures regarding City Hearts, accommodation and any legislation
• Promoting CH in adherence to the terms of the contract – this may include attending events on behalf of CH as a whole
• Attend meetings with health and wellbeing and to communicate well with other services.
Duties related to this role may vary slightly due to Covid-19 - This will be discussed at interview stage.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.