Job Title: HR Coordinator (Fixed Term Maternity Cover)
Reports to: Head of HR
Contracted Hours: 32-40
Contract Duration: Fixed until 31st March 2021
Salary: £23,000 per annum pro rata
Location: Liverpool, North West (Applications from South Yorkshire or North East will be considered but weekly travel to Liverpool would be necessary).
Closing Date: 27th July 2020
Interview Date: 3rd August 2020
Probationary Period: 3 months
Direct Reports: HR Administrators
How this role fits into the vision and objectives of City Hearts
We have an exciting opportunity for a HR Coordinator to support the Human Resources Department through planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies and practices under the guidance of the HR Manager.
What you can expect from a career at City Hearts
As an organisation we are committed to supporting your success and providing you with a wealth of skills, training and opportunities as well as staff benefits to enhance your employment. These will include:
• Regular accredited and in-house training on specialist subjects such as trauma, mental health,
safeguarding, working with addictions and much more
• Commitment to annual salary reviews
• Progression opportunities
• Annual staff survey and focus groups – have your say!
• 30 days holiday per year (plus accrued holiday days for length of service)
• Perkbox national ‘perks’ and discount scheme
• 3% employer contribution pension scheme
• To support the recruitment process within the North West including but not limited to interviews, advertising and candidate selection
• To become a nominated individual to conduct interviews within the North West (and other regions when required) alongside managers and coordinators, and to support the Deputy Head of Services with the recruitment process.
• To oversee the drafting of offer letters and contracts of employment and be responsible for the sending of all relevant documentation to new starters with all City Hearts Regions
• To line manage HR administrators within the NW team and provide regular supervisions and appraisals in line with City Hearts policy and procedure
• To help maintain the digital HR system and to provide administrative support to ensure the accurate recording of employee absence including holidays, sickness and maternity/paternity leave.
• To support the Head of HR and Human Resources Manager in the implementation of the annual training schedule, including sourcing and liaising with trainers under the guidance of the senior HR team
• To be an advocate for staff welfare and providing an advisory role to the NW Management team
• To ensure compliance with City Hearts policy and procedure in relation to Human Resources within the region of the North West.
• When required, to work with Head of Finance to ensure current information as part of the payroll process, to include tracking the completion of probation for payroll process and ensuring Head of Finance receives all relevant paperwork.
• To input into regular HR team meetings
• To input into the development and amendments to HR policy and procedure
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Ability to work in a Team
• Ability to work under pressure
• Good communication skills
• Good organisational skills
• Good people skills
• Ability to research
• Ability to advocate
• Consistent, reliable and professional.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.