WHO WE ARE
City Hearts was founded in 2005, beginning with a single home to help women with life controlling issues, shortly after we welcomed our first survivor of modern slavery. Since then, we have expanded across multiple regions and now provide accommodation and outreach support tohundreds of survivors of modern slavery every year, as well as continuing to house and support women with life controlling issues. We are passionate about restoring the lives of those we support, and it would not be possible without our dedicated team of staff and volunteers.
How this role fits into the vision and objectives of City Hearts
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an ISP Advocate to join our Integrated Support Programme Team. ISP is a safety net for all survivors who fall through the net of support nationally. It aims to prevent vulnerable survivors of trafficking from falling into re-trafficking or homelessness. It means no survivor is left involuntarily without support. The successful candidate would support survivors face to face through drop-ins, as well as over the phone ensuring safety and continued journey to restoration.
• Offering support to clients via weekly drop-ins, ensuring that clients receive their travel reimbursement
• Managing and logging fortnightly phonecalls, meeting clients needs by offering advice and signposting to other services
• Completing casework interventions - where appropriate this may be face to face
• Completing pathway plans with clients and reviewing the plans every six months
• Helping with progression of clients along their Pathway Plan
• Liaising with organisations and individuals regarding clients and City Hearts in a professional manner - including but not limited to medical professionals, solicitors, education providers and accommodation services
• Recording all client-related actions in online client management system
• Updating regional databases of key contacts
• Assessing complex needs intervention and referring to ISP Advocate criteria
• Assisting matching process in Bright Future Programme (employability programme)
• Regular supervision meetings with manager and ISP team
• Being an ambassador for City Hearts
• Any other duties commensurate with the role
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.