We have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Worker to join the City Hearts team. This person will
be key in helping us to provide the safe and secure environment for our clients. The role involves
undertaking in general maintenance and basic repair work across our safe-houses. They will be able to
plan and prioritise tasks as well as work reactively if or when an emergency arises.
• Minor electrical/heating/plumbing maintenance work (nothing that requires a license).
• Decorating property where required (painting patching etc.)
• Garden maintenance
• Minor joinery work (fixing doors/cupboards/ patching small holes)
• Assessing raised/identifying works/defects and determining whether we can fix in house or if
license contractors are required and communicating with contractors.
• Pricing up cost of repairs and rectifications i.e. sourcing cost of materials/ supplies
• Identify potential hazards/ issues that need to be addressed and feedback to Facilities Manager
• To carry out maintenance duties within the office environment and within City Hearts client
• To have a keen eye for detail and take personal responsibility for the quality of work carried out
• To respond to the direction of the Facilities Manager and work in partnership with the wider team
of City Hearts to uphold a high standard of accommodation
• To prioritise effectively and manage and organize time independently
• To carry out work in a timely and appropriate manner, maintaining sensitivity to the
accommodation environment at all times
• To liaise with City Hearts support staff regarding minor repairs and feedback on any work carried
• To support the Facilities Manager in their duties
• To be available for out of hours support on a rota basis
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.