City Hearts are currently recruiting for an Male Accommodation Coordinator within the South Yorkshire Modern Slavery team. This role will require the successful candidate to casework clients within the service and assist in the management and day to day running of the Accommodation; to ensure a high standard of service provision and to ensure all standards for CH (City Hearts) and SMSco (The Salvation Army Modern Slavery contract) are upheld.
City Hearts was founded in 2005 with a mandate to fully restore those with a history of vulnerability and exploitation. We began with a single home to help women with life controlling issues and shortly after welcomed our first survivor of Modern Slavery. Since then we have expanded dramatically across multiple regions and now provide accommodation and outreach support to hundreds of survivors of modern slavery every year, as well as continuing to house and support women with life-controlling issues.
The Role (please refer to Job Description attachment for full role & responsibilities):
- Oversight of team and managing their needs including but not limited to; supervisions, appraisals and resolving issues
- To casework clients when needed (refer to full job specifications)
- To complete the weekly baseline report for Regional Manager
- Oversight of health and safety checks at the property
- Training the team and new starters
- Oversight of preparation of bedrooms, folders and paperwork for new clients
- Administrating petty cash use at the accommodation
- Meet all KPI’s
- Oversee shifts of staff and volunteers
- To oversee activities being implemented for clients e.g. holidays, half-term etc.
- Act as Safeguarding Officer for accommodation
- Attending whole team meetings in SY
- Administrating and recording staff TOIL
- Supporting volunteers and carrying out volunteer interviews and supervisions where required
- To gather month end travel, hours and purchase orders for monthly invoicing and to complete monthly invoicing
- To engage with community organisations to improve the care and support we offer clients
- To help resolve any on-going issues in clients lives
- Attend and participate in regular group supervision
- To be on call as designated by the rota
- To contact Salvation Army to meet their KPIs and to ensure all reporting and recording is up to date
- Carry out regular auditing of client files to ensure quality control
- To liase and work together with other coordinators in the region to ensure accomidation staffing and to resolve any issues
- Understanding of Human Trafficking
- Ability to manage a team working with complex needs
- Leadership in decision making
- Recent experience working with vulnerable people
- To be able to lone work and to be able to work well in a team setting.
- Ability to manage time around shift work to enable adequate self-care and rest
30 Days Holiday (based on 40 hour working week)
Sleep shift pay supplement
Perkbox - local / national discount scheme + app
Training / Career Progression
Various courses - personal and professional development
Group supervision regularly - share best practice
Closing date for the role is midnight on 4th July.