WHO WE ARE
City Hearts was founded in 2005, beginning with a single home to help women with life controlling issues, shortly after we welcomed our first survivor of modern slavery. Since then, we have expanded across multiple regions and now provide accommodation and outreach support to hundreds of survivors of modern slavery every year, as well as continuing to house and support women with life controlling issues. In 2018 we partnered with South Yorkshire Police to launch About Face, a trauma-informed programme committed to breaking the cycle of crime, partnering alongside other organisations such as South Yorkshire Police, Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service, Drug and Alcohol Services, amongst many others. We are passionate about restoring the lives of those we support, and it would not be possible without our dedicated team of staff and volunteers.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Caseworker within our Outreach Support Team in the North West. In this role, you’ll be responsible for supporting survivors of modern slavery currently within the National Referral Mechanism who are living within the community. The role is to assess and respond to client needs, signpost clients to local services to meet identified needs, and to empower clients to take steps towards independence. You will also work in an agile and responsive team environment providing a great standard of support for clients.
At City Hearts, we’re committed to providing our staff with the resources needed for their role. This takes the form of development and learning opportunities for all employees, but also our dedication to maintaining and supporting the wellbeing of each individual that forms a part of our team. We know that by doing so, it positions us to provide the very best care and support for some of society’s most vulnerable. As a member of the team here at City Hearts, you’ll also receive:
• Regular accredited and in-house training on specialist subjects such as trauma, mental health, safeguarding, conflict management and more
• Medicash Health Plan- including an EAP (Employee Assistance Programme that covers up to 8 one to one private counselling sessions a year), money towards dental and optical costs and much more
• 30 days holiday per year (plus accrued holiday days for length of service)
• The opportunity to attend Group Supervision every 6 weeks with qualified therapists
• Commitment to annual salary reviews
• Progression opportunities including our Staff Development Scheme, providing you with the chance to specialise in a key aspect of your role
Job Title: Outreach Caseworker (Fixed term Maternity Cover)
Reports to: Outreach Coordinator
Contracted Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £20,500 pro rata per annum
Location: North West
Closing Date: 28.01.2022
Interview Date: w/c 31st January 2022
Direct Reports: N/A
• Providing casework support for Survivors Of Human Trafficking across the Merseyside region.
• Each full time caseworker will oversee 16-20 clients of varying levels of support need (or pro rata equivalent if a part-time role)
• To work effectively as a team, including giving responsive feedback and handover information to Line Manager, and colleagues where there is a shared caseload.
• To independently meet deadlines, including accurately recording and logging support hours, documenting relevant client information and completing other administrative paperwork in adherence to the terms of the contract.
• To risk assess and take appropriate steps to safeguard clients.
• To follow ECAT requests and meet KPIs set by contractors.
• Ensuring all clients receive the full protection/support of the EU convention, as laid out in article 12 of the ECAT.
• To arrange appointments for individual clients, and liaising with organisations and individuals regarding clients in a professional manner.
• Visiting clients face to face (where suitable) a minimum of once a month, taking into account what is reasonable to meet that client’s needs.
• Meeting clients in an appropriate environment, including using remote sessions where needed.
• To ensure the progression of clients through the system, including journey planning and move on strategies, within the required time frame.
• To regularly attend supervision meetings with Line Manager.
• Adhering to all internal procedures regarding City Hearts and any legislation.
• Promoting CH in adherence to the terms of the contract – this may include attending events on behalf of CH as a whole.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.