City Hearts are currently recruiting for an Outreach Caseworker to work within the Anti-Trafficking Team of the organisation. This role will require the successful candidate to casework the Survivors of Modern Slavery in the National Referral Mechanism (NRM) and women with life-controlling issues in their rest and reflection period before moving on to support the Staff of City Hearts; to ensure all standards for City Hearts are upheld to a high standard.
City Hearts was founded in 2005 with a mandate to fully restore those with a history of vulnerability and exploitation. We began with a single home to help women with life controlling issues and shortly after welcomed our first survivor of Modern Slavery. Since then we have expanded dramatically across multiple regions and now provide accommodation and outreach support to hundreds of survivors of modern slavery every year, as well as continuing to house and support women with life-controlling issues.
- Caseworking individual PVOHT (Potential Victims of Human Trafficking);
- Regular feedback and review meetings with Outreach Coordinator;
- Arranging and attending appointments for individual;
- Following up all the paperwork and details of VOHT in adherence to the terms of the contract; including on line reporting. Including, weekly reviews, daily logs and inductions.
- Shift flexibility to include some evenings and, weekends and sleeps on a rota basis at safehouse,
- Ensuring that volunteers who work with you on shift have the proper level of support and adhere to policies and procedures;
- Ensuring that all Key Performance Indicators are met;
- Ensuring progression of VOHT through system;
- Liaising with organisations and individuals regarding PVOHT and CH in a professional manner –
- Identifying support hours and ensuring accurate logging of all hours;
- Ensuring paperwork is being completed correctly and in a timely fashion;
- Ensuring Exit Strategies are being prepared in a timely fashion;
- Dealing with out of hour crisis in accordance with standby rota;
- Receiving out of hours referrals, carrying out inductions, weekly reviews, updating IT system.
- Ensuring adherence to all internal procedures regarding City Hearts, the Safe Houses and any legislation;
- Promoting CH in adherence to the terms of the contract – this may include attending events on behalf of CH as a whole.
- Please note that there is an occupational requirement due to the nature of this role for the post holder to be female.
Any other duties that are commensurate with the role;
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to liaise with other agencies in a professional manner
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- High level of emotional resilience
- Good IT skills and the ability to accurately record keep
- Ability to be flexible to needs of the service and clients
- Ability to manage time around shift work to enable adequate self-care and rest
30 Days Holiday (based on 40 hour working week)
Sleep shift pay supplement
Perkbox - local / national discount scheme + app
Training / Career Progression
Various courses - personal and professional development
Group supervision regularly - share best practice
Closing date for the role is midnight on 4th January 2020.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.