City Hearts was founded in 2005, beginning with a single home to help women with life controlling issues, shortly after we welcomed our first survivor of modern slavery. Since then, we have expanded across multiple regions and now provide accommodation and outreach support to hundreds of survivors of modern slavery every year, as well as continuing to house and support women with life controlling issues. We are passionate about restoring the lives of those we support, and it would not be possible without our dedicated team of staff and volunteers.
How this role fits into the vision and objectives of City Hearts
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Accommodation Caseworker working in either a Male or Female Manchester Safe House based in Bolton. In this role you’ll casework clients living within one of our Accommodations. This role includes providing clients with emotional and practical support; advocating on their behalf, communicating with other organisations including but not limited to health professionals, legal representation and the Home office. You will also have some duties in relation to the accommodation, including cleaning and preparing client bedrooms for new arrivals.
- Case working individuals or families identified as PVOHT (Potential Victims of Human Trafficking).
- Regular feedback and review meetings with Accommodation Coordinator.
- Arranging and attending appointments for individuals or families.
- Following up all the paperwork and details of VOHT in adherence to the terms of the contract; including on line reporting. Including but not limited to; weekly reviews, risk assessments, support plans and inductions.
- Shift flexibility to include some evenings, weekends and sleep shifts on a rota basis at the safe house.
- Ensuring that volunteers who work with you on shift have the proper level of support and adhere to policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are met.
- Ensuring progression of PVOHT through system;
- Liaising with organizations and individuals regarding VOHT and CH in a professional manner - including but not limited to SATco, UK Visas and Immigration, Modern Slavery Human Trafficking Unit, other agencies, police, and medical professionals.
- Identifying support hours and ensuring accurate logging of all hours.
- Ensuring paperwork is being completed correctly and in a timely fashion.
- Ensuring exit strategies are being prepared in a timely fashion.
- Dealing with out of hour crisis in accordance with standby rota.
- Receiving out of hours’ referrals, carrying out inductions, weekly reviews and updating the IT system.
- Ensuring adherence to all internal procedures regarding City Hearts, the Safe Houses and any legislation.
- Promoting CH in adherence to the terms of the contract – this may include attending events on behalf of CH as a whole