We are looking for an enthusiastic new head of development. This is a key position charged with bringing in significant income in support of the school’s bursary programme.
The school’s Head and governing body are strongly committed to development playing a major role in the life of the school, creating a sustainable, comprehensive programme which will support the school’s strategic priorities.
Design and develop a fundraising strategy that supports the school’s strategic objectives for approval by the Head and board of governors and thereafter leading on the implementation of the strategy as agreed. This will include the following:
- Developing a strong fundraising story and agreeing priorities;
- Establishing and achieving financial and performance measures and targets;
- Expanding the school’s pool of potential and current donors;
- Managing a personal portfolio of relationships with potential major donors and enhancing their engagement with the school (including parents, livery companies, Members of the City of London Corporation and senior officers from commercial companies in the City;
- Effectively lead and work with members of the fundraising taskforce and other staff and volunteers to build relationships with potential donors;
- Asking for gifts and supporting others in making the ask;
- Overseeing a successful regular giving programme;
- Establishing a legacy programme;
- Ensuring all appropriate fundraising policies are in place and fit for purpose;
- Working with the director of external relations and alumnae relations and development officer to develop the pool of donors amongst the alumnae;
- Event organisation with alumnae relations and development officer.
Research and data
Working with the alumnae relations and development officer to create, develop and maintain an appropriate database fit for purpose in supporting fundraising, alumnae and supporter relations activity and to ensure that:
- All data and research information are appropriately recorded and compliant with General Data Protection Regulations and other legal requirements;
- Information on donors and potential donors is up-to-date, appropriate and relevant; providing briefings for senior staff and volunteers;
- Effective systems are in place to expand, enhance, validate and analyse the data held on the Raiser’s Edge database.
Donor recognition and stewardship
Putting arrangements in place for a formal process to enhance stewardship of donors. This should include identifying potential donors, identifying occasions when the school can meet with them, and after a donation is made, to ensure that there is an appropriate response from the school to thank the donor, give formal recognition where appropriate and to build on-going links with donors at all levels.
Development of a programme of effective fundraising communications for internal and external audiences, encompassing the website and electronic and printed materials, including the Annual Fund.
To build and maintain effective working relationships with all key stakeholders and donors in particular with a view to maximising revenues raised.
To establish a fundraising task force to work with and support the Headmistress, governors, bursar, director of partnerships and director of external relations and other senior staff to co-ordinate fundraising activities.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.