Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
Your CV has been uploaded successfully.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
Want to tailor your application?
Go through the usual application process to upload a new CV and cover letter.
The HR Business Partner will manage the implementation of HR strategy. Facilitate the achievement of business objectives and drive forward organisational performance.
1. Policy Review
· Assist with developing operational plans to support the Director of Finance & Business (DF&B) to deliver City YMCA London’s strategic HR objectives.
· Provide key HR guidance in situations of mergers and new projects, where expansion and contraction of staffing is necessary.
· Manage operational implementation of the HR strategy. Assist with developing and reviewing of Human Resources policies and procedures in line with business needs both best practice and statutory.
· Monitoring changes in employment legislation and associated policy and procedure updates and organisation communication.
2. Advice and Support
· Provide efficient, effective and business-focused advice on employment matters, including policy and procedures, best practice and employment law, identifying opportunity and risk to ensure managers understand and are familiar with policies and procedures and are fully and appropriately advised on the HR implications of any given situation. Make regular contact with managers, including regular attendance at relevant management team meetings and issue-specific business meetings to ensure in-depth knowledge of the business to enhance the provision of advice on business-specific employment matters.
· Liaise regularly and pro-actively with the DF&B and colleagues across the broader YMCA to ensure knowledge-sharing and consistency of practices and to act upon feedback issues from the field with impact on HR policies and procedures.
· Build a coaching/consulting role with managers to help them deal with people and performance management issues to help them develop high performing teams.
3. Service Provision
· Contribute to HR projects and initiatives to include managing Investors in People & GDPR, throughout the organization.
· Liaise with the DF&B for implementation of appropriate quality standard model(s).
· Assist City YMCA London with Hearings and Employment Tribunals as needed.
· Promote equality of opportunity, an understanding of the issues around diversity and how to maximise its benefit in the management and delivery of services.
· Identify and implement suitable organisation ‘health check’ model, e.g. staff surveys.
· Ensure robust performance monitoring tool(s) are utilised for the regular monitoring of performance levels.
· Manage the training and development function seeking out innovative learning solutions and effective learning interventions for the team.
· Work with managers to support the overall department resourcing requirements and facilitate the identification, recruitment and retention of high-calibre people.
· Manage the overall recruitment process including assisting Managers with development of Job Descriptions, reviewing of Job Descriptions, undertake Job Evaluations to grade new/revised positions, drafting of recruitment advertisement, liaising with recruitment agencies and negotiating with advertising providers, placing job adverts, shortlisting successful candidates and interviewing as a panel member.
· Manage the volunteer recruitment process including the reviewing of job descriptions, drafting of recruitment advertisements, placing job adverts
3.2 Employment Administration
· Manage the complete new starter employment administration, including issuing of offer letters and contracts of employment, undertaking pre-employment checks, references, inductions, etc.
· Prepare Induction folders for new starters; undertake Induction to familiarise staff with the organisation; organise for DBS, GDPR, Safeguarding and Health & Safety training is undertaken as part of New Starters
· Ensure a suitable system for DBS processes is in place and is fully administered. Manage the overall administration of all employee records (manual and computer based - using Sdworxs and Excel) ensuring completeness, accuracy and confidentiality of information.
4. Payroll and pension administration
· Liaise with the finance team to ensure any changes to payroll are communicated effectively.
5. Reporting and Analysis
· Provide monthly MT reports and end of Year in-depth analysis of KPI’s for departments across City YMCA London in order to manage organisational performance.
· Ensure the maintenance of correct and complete HR records in accordance with prevailing GDPR Legislation.
6. Team Work
Ensure effective team work to enhance the efficiency, operation and profile of the HR team.
Undertake any other duties as may from time to time be required which are commensurate with the post, including the occasional need to work beyond office hours.
Conduct yourself in line with the general standards of conduct and behaviour as detailed in the Code of Conduct which include awareness of risk, health and safety at work, data protection and embracing the cultural diversity of all colleagues and customers.
Attend the Personnel Issues Forum (YMCAE) and other relevant external meetings as necessary in a representative role.
8. Scope and limits of authority
· Responsible for the overall annual organisation’s recruitment budget.
· Responsibility for HR employee records both manual and computer based.
· Responsible for ensuring the monthly staff payroll changes are communicated and processed accordingly in liaison with the finance team.
· Responsible to offer focused guidance to the Senior Management Team on all disciplinary matters and the monitoring of staff compliance for capability and performance where enacted.
HR Business Partner
Knowledge and Qualifications
Level 5 CIPD in Human resources Essential
In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of current and proposed employment law and its application through policies and procedures in a business-facing operational Human Resources function Essential
Comprehensive knowledge of payroll administration Essential
Membership (by examination) of CIPD Essential
HR adviser experience or similar - including working with managers on performance management, employee relations, resourcing, and staff/management development Essential
Experience of working with minimal supervision and guidance Essential
Experience of employee consultation and negotiation processes, requiring good mediation skills Essential
Skills and Abilities
Team-working skills with the ability to identify tactical motivational techniques Essential
A clear understanding of regular monitoring of performance standards and associated report production Essential
Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the issues around diversity and how to maximise its benefit to the management and delivery of services Essential
A pro-active, participative and flexible approach to problem solving, taking the initiative by evaluating, making suggestions and generating new ideas to improve working methods and levels of performance Essential
High level of IT literacy Essential
Ability to work autonomously and under pressure from conflicting demands Essential
Ability to engage in budget setting and display effective budget management skills Essential
Excellent Communication skills both verbal and written Essential
Excellent organisation and planning skills Essential
Business skills and an understanding of the youth-market related business Desirable
Is financially aware with the ability to apply financial impact scenarios to HR operations Desirable