Amy’s Place is a partnership between the Amy Winehouse Foundation and Clarion Housing, providing supported living accommodation for young women in recovery and receiving support with drug and alcohol issues and eating disorders.
The volunteer will offer 1-to-1 art therapy sessions for young women in order to encourage creative expression and to help them with any underlying psychological issues related to their addiction.
- Using artwork to enable group conversation to understand each other’s experiences and feelings
- Offering a safe place to communicate ideas and feelings through art
- Being able to offer one of the most common art therapy approaches (Gestalt Method, Active Imagination, Third Hand)
This opportunity is ideal for a trainee therapist or a recent graduate in Art Therapy, Psychotherapy, Psychosocial Studies, and other related fields.
The successful candidate will be a member of the British Association of Art Therapists (BAAT), HCPC and/or UKCP registered, and will have access to personal clinical supervision
- Volunteers receive a thorough induction and have access to any relevant in-house and external training.
- Volunteers have a named supervisor providing day-to-day support and encouragement.
- Reasonable travel and lunch expenses will be reimbursed
This role may require us to carry out a check through the Disclosure and Barring Service.