CLAUDIA JONES ORGANISATION
Part-time 28 hrs. per weeks
SALARY: £35,000 pro-rata
Fixed Term Contract: 6 Months
CLOSING DATE: 3RD DECEMBER 2021
The Claudia Jones Organisation are recruiting for an experienced Operations Manager to ensure the smooth, efficient, and effective running of the charity. The role is varied and would be well-suited to a highly versatile person who thrives in a small organisation where adaptability and a can-do-attitude are valued.
We are seeking someone to work across a broad range of areas including finance, governance HR, and general administration. We are a small team of around 13 people who are committed to the work of the charity. You’ll be a strong communicator able to enthuse and bring people with you at all levels of the charity for its growth and development, ensuring it remains fit for purpose whilst making best use of its resources. The CJO is at an important point in its development hence the need for increased support at management level to help us make this transition. Ability to start quickly would be ideal.
To apply for this role, please send a covering letter of no more than 2 page and CV (maximum 2 pages) by email no later than 3rd December 2021 at 5pm. Please head your e-mail `Operations Manager application’. Please note – Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Due to the nature of work and focus of Claudia Jones Organisation the candidate’s gender is an occupational requirement in accordance with Paragraph 1, Schedule 9, of the Equality Act 2010. The post holder will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS.
Salary: £35,000 pro-rata subject to experience
Report to: Executive Director
Direct Reports: 3 members of staff
Hours of Work: 28 hours a week, Monday to Thursday
This will initially be a six-month fixed-term contract, but we strongly hope to make it into a long-term role. You will have the experience to provide direction, guidance and support to the charity whilst being able to quickly develop and sustain positive working relationships across the organisation. Ideally, you’ll have experience in a broad range of areas, including finance, governance, HR, general administration and IT. As important, you’re someone with a willingness to take ownership, adapt and grow your team. You’re sharp, detail oriented, personable, and resourceful. If you’re excited about the prospect of having responsibility for day-to-day operations and working closely across functions with an extraordinary team, then this role is for you.
- An important element of your time will be spent on financial administration. You must understand financial management information and be comfortable with numbers and be process oriented.
- You’ll be involved in governance work, most prominently leading the annual audit, and acting as the point of contact for the Treasurer.
- Experience of working to a board of trustees or similar senior management team.
- A big part of your job will be making sure our internal systems are working well, this includes optimising the use of our Database/CRM systems.
- Compliance work will take on many forms, from oversight of data protection and safeguarding, to responsibility for our policies and procedures and due diligence.
- You will be comfortable and bring your experience of managing a team to the role.
- There are a variety of areas you’ll work in, including HR/contracts managing any issues that arise.
- The rest of your time will be spent on general operations and administration, which often include support to the team on procurement, managing suppliers, donor reporting, evolving our use of IT including GDPR, as with all roles at CJO, other duties may arise from time to time.
- Management of our buildings.
- Undertaking any duties consistent with the post as may be reasonably requested by the Board of Trustees.
- From time-to-time evening or working on a saturday may be necessary.
- Always working within the values and best interest of the CJO in mind.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.