WOMEN & FAMILIES GBV SERVICE VACANCY
Women & Families Gender Base Violence Service Manager
The Claudia Jones Organisation (CJ0) is seeking a Manager for our Lottery funded Women and Families, Gender Base Violence Service to ensure the best outcomes for the women and families who access our services. The successful candidate will lead a team of four people providing high-quality front-line service and play a significant role in its strategic development across London.
The focus of our work under this new role will be to foster a therapeutic approach to providing a cohesive family and specialist support service for women and families of African Caribbean heritage who present with complex layering of issues. This will include working within CJO’s Community-based Approach to Wellbeing through volunteer opportunities, training and peer support so that measurable outcomes that reduce risk and increase safety for individuals and families are achieved.
You will have substantial demonstrable experience in Women and Families, Gender Base Violence work, including team and case management reviews, advocacy and understanding of the legal system and how it relates to survivors and their families.
CJO aspires to provide services that are respectful of the trauma service users may have experienced and this role will require a good understanding of how this will permeate the way the services are offered and managed.
In return as our Women & Families Service Manager, we can offer you:
- A friendly, flexible and values-led organisation - Competitive salary
- 28 days of annual holiday, including bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time)
- Contributory pension scheme - Training to help you perform your role
What will ideally support your success in the Women & Families Service Manager role?
- Experience managing support services to families with complex needs and experienced GBV.
- Time and an understanding and commitment to working in an assets-based way.
- An ability to develop strong, collaborative and productive relationships with colleagues and key external agencies, promoting the value of our work and its impact on women and families. If these sounds like the perfect opportunities, please apply today – we’d love to hear from you!
Information for applicants:
- Closing Date for Applications is 12 NOON on 3rd January 2020.
- In light of the nature of work and focus of Claudia Jones Organisation the candidate’s race and gender is considered to be an occupational requirement in accordance with Paragraph 1, Schedule 9, of the Equality Act 2010.
- Please use the application form to demonstrate how you meet the person specification, CVs / covering letters will not be considered.
- If you have not received a response to your application within 21 days of the closing date you can assume your application has not been successful on this occasion.
- All posts are subject to satisfactory references and Enhanced DBS checks.
- CJO is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.