If you are a qualified Finance professional looking for a broad, exciting position in a fast-growing charity with huge growth potential, this Finance Manager position at the Clean Air Fund might be the right next step for you.
The Clean Air Fund is a philanthropic initiative, working around the world with governments, businesses, and campaigners to deliver clean air for all.
With over 7 million people dying annually as a result of air pollution, the poorest communities, living in the most congested areas, are hit the hardest. Since both air pollution and climate change are mainly caused by burning fossil fuels, they share many of the same solutions.
The Finance Manager will report into the Head of Finance and will be responsible for:
- Developing the management accounting reports and delivering these monthly (utilising the support of the outsourced accountancy firm responsible for financial administration)
- Analysing variances and providing support to non-finance stakeholders on performance against budget
- Managing and developing the grantee reporting and budgeting tools, acting as the superuser for the grant management system
- Conducting due diligence on grant proposals and grantee organisations, evaluating proposal budgets and compliance with CAF’s internal policies (performing audits where necessary)
- Providing day-to-day financial control
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone looking to gain exposure to high-level reporting and business partnering with senior stakeholders, whilst being developing by a well-respected and supportive line manager. Given the growing nature of the organisation, this position would suit someone looking to work in a broader role as part of a smaller team.
- Full accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA, CIPFA or ACCA)
- Ability to use initiative and drive forward process improvement projects
- Strong knowledge of financial processes
- Ability to produce high quality financial reports
- An analytical mindset, able to work as a financial adviser for non-finance functions, providing insightful analysis on data from diverse sources
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, balancing multiple responsibilities
If you are interested in this position, please contact Kate Marriott at Ivy Rock Partners for more information. Interviews are being held continuously, and this position may be filled before the closing date.