Part Time - 21 Hours Per Week
We are recruiting for an engaged and committed individual to join us as Head of Research, Policy and Campaigning. Over the past three years we’ve achieved so much to help alleviate the financial impact of cancer and get children, young people and their families’ voices heard by decision makers – but want to be better, faster and stronger.
Responsible for developing evidence based policy positions and campaign asks to communicate to decision makers, you will play a key role in driving long term change for children and young people with cancer and their families.
You will be instrumental in the design and delivery of plans and activities that will create policy change across the UK, in line with CLIC Sargent’s strategic aims.
Today, 12 children and young people in the UK hear the shocking news they have cancer. CLIC Sargent is the UK’s leading cancer charity for children and young people, and their families, and provides them with clinical, practical, emotional and financial support. You can be a part of helping them cope with cancer and get the most out of life.
As Head of Research, Policy and Campaigning you will be joining a team that will work with UK Government, devolved Parliaments and Assemblies, the NHS, companies and regulators. We build the evidence base we need to run effective campaigns, such as #CancerCosts, and we want you to help expand our reach, impact and influence.
About the role
- Lead on cross-organisational commitment to Making Change Happen.
- Work alongside the Associate Director of Policy, Influencing and Voice to contribute to the organisational strategy and strategic impact measurements for CLIC Sargent’s research, policy and campaigning work.
- Implement policy change across the UK for children and young people with cancer and their families.
- Instil a high performance culture across the Policy, Influencing and Voice Team
- Deliver effective project management of research, policy and campaign activities
- Involve young people in our Making Change Happen work
- Promote a collaborative working culture both internally and with external stakeholders.
- Management experience, ideally in research, policy, campaigning, influencing, the health sector or equivalent.
- Proven track record of leading research, policy and campaigning work.
- Evidence of continued professional development and awareness of best practice and legislation as it affects research, policy and campaigning
- Experience of leading, inspiring and motivating staff.
- Experience of contributing to and implementing strategy.
- A respected project and change expert.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
What we offer
We offer great benefits including a generous annual leave entitlement, enhanced family leave, pension contribution, professional development opportunities and much more.
We’re taking our policy, influencing and voice work to the next level. Will you join our fight?
To apply for this position, please upload a CV and a supporting statement of no more than two pages of A4, outlining your interest in the role and what skills and experience you feel you would bring.
You can download a copy of the Job Description from our website, via the Apply button.
We are always looking for talented people from all backgrounds, to join us and help improve the lives of children and young people with cancer and their families. We particularly want to encourage people from under-represented groups to step forward and apply to work or volunteer with CLIC Sargent.