Cancer is shocking, overwhelming, isolating ... and completely unfair. Especially when you’re young. It takes over your life. Treatment is gruelling and your ambitions and dreams – education, relationships, career, travel – suddenly seem very far away. We get that. That’s why CLIC Sargent fights tirelessly to stop cancer destroying young lives. We currently help 7,000 people aged 0 to 25 going through cancer treatment, and their families. But every day 12 more children and young people will hear the devastating news they have this terrifying disease.
As it stands, we don’t support them all. That’s not good enough, so we’re on a mission to change that. To make it happen, we’re going to need the best people to join our fight. If that sounds like the type of organisation for you, read on.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be joining our busy Media and PR team to support them with the following:
- Media monitoring and reporting
- Developing the depth of the media monitoring currently done
- Support the team with some general administration tasks
- Looking at their ‘Real Life Stories’ database, reviewing and documenting the potential of stories and how they can best be used under the organisation’s new strategy
- Working with the PR team in their creative meetings to drive forward new ideas and story angles
There will be an opportunity to get involved with other activities as they pop up and as you are interested in them.
What we are looking for
You’ll be super organized and ready to learn. You’ll need to be okay with working with our team remotely too so you’ll need to be a self-starter, don’t worry though, we’ll still support you and keep in regular contact throughout your volunteering day each week.
We’re looking for someone with a creative side who can help us bring to life stories from our service users and contribute to our brainstorming sessions to achieve more exposure for CLIC Sargent.
You’ll be comfortable writing copy for different audiences and have the ability to check your own work, and the work of others in the team.
We’re a tight knit team so we’re looking for someone with a positive approach to team work and new challenges.
What you’ll get from it
- You’ll gain insight into the workings of a Media and PR team working across the UK
- You’ll get to grips with how a national charity works, the services we provide and how a media and PR role fits in with that
- You’ll be given the chance to set personal development goals that our team will support you to achieve
We’re looking for someone to join the team 1 or 2 days per week during working hours (9am – 5pm). Exact times and days can be flexible to suit your other commitments.
When applying please include role title in the subject line.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.