We are looking for a London-based Grants Officer to join our Development department. In this role you will be managing a portfolio of grants that fund our vital work, enabling the organisation to deliver its mission - using the power of the law to protect our planet.
Our Development Department is responsible for raising funds to enable the organisation to deliver its mission. The department is formed of several fundraising strands: an established grants programme, securing funding from trusts, foundations and institutional donors; a newly formed Digital Fundraising raising income from the public; and the Philanthropy team, working with a wide range of individuals and organisations to raise primarily unrestricted gifts to support ClientEarth's work.
Meet your Manager
In this role you will be managed by Eleonora Arcese. Eleonora joined ClientEarth in 2016 and is based in London. She leads the team that manages and stewards ClientEarth's growing funding portfolio, which includes foundations, trusts and statutory and institutional donors. Prior to joining ClientEarth, she worked for a number of environmental NGOs where she managed a portfolio of projects focused on EU and international climate and energy policy, sustainable development, and conservation.
In her spare time, Eleonora is also a Trustee of the Board of the Hawks and Owls Trust, in the UK.
- Funding portfolio management, including processing and reviewing grant agreements, drafting funding proposals and reports, and cultivating and stewarding all relevant stakeholders.
- Internal and external communications, including maintaining relationships with funders, attending internal programme team meetings and strategy sessions and attending fundraising events, dinners and workshops.
- Grant management, including managing reporting and the grant renewal process.
- Financial planning and budget handling, including working with finance and programme staff to develop individual budgets for funding proposals.
- Systems and processes, including maintaining our funder database system (Raiser's Edge)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent level of experience
- Relevant experience of working in a grant management or project management role for a charity, NGO, private or public entity
- Experience of reporting to private foundations including trusts
- Experience of drafting proposals and securing funding from foundations and other funding institutions
- Experience and knowledge of budgeting, and organisational finances
- Ability to work with fundraising databases and internal information management systems (e.g. Raiser's Edge, SharePoint) (desirable)
- Fluency (CEFR level C2) in English (essential) and another European language (desirable)
Flexible working: Post-covid, we are giving our staff the choice to decide where they want to work for 80% of their week, with the other 20% of their week being office-based.
We will be running a written assessment as part of the recruitment process for this role. You will need access to a computer with the ability to edit Microsoft Office documents.
ClientEarth values diversity and inclusion and the benefits this brings. We aim to appoint the most suitable candidate at all times and welcome applications from people from all different backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
Please note that ClientEarth will only be able to employ those who have the pre-existing legal right to work in the UK.