ClientEarth is recruiting a Head of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) at an exciting time of growth and change for our organisation. We are a legal and environmental charity that uses the power of the law to fight against climate change and to protect nature and the environment. This crucial role comes as we complete our first full financial year using a new finance system and are establishing a growing number of subsidiary entities in Europe and Asia. With a global 2021 budget of just over £20m, ClientEarth operates a unitary, 'one organisation' structure, with the core finance team managing the whole financial cycle for our offices globally.
In this role, you will be leading our work on further developing financial planning and reporting processes across our expanded international group structure. You will report to our Chief Financial Officer and line manage a team of two FP&A Managers and five Finance Business Partners.
Meet your Manager
In this role, you will be managed by our Chief Financial Officer, . Rachel joined ClientEarth in 2020 and is based in London. Prior to joining us, Rachel held a number of senior financial roles in international NGOs including CARE International, International Rescue Committee, and The British Council. She is also currently a Trustee at Focus on Labour Exploitation.
- Lead global budgeting and forecasting processes
- Support the CFO with 5 year financial planning
- Lead global monthly and quarterly management reporting
- Lead a growing team of Finance Business Partners
- Ensure compliance with donor financial requirements
- Develop ClientEarth global FP&A policies and practices
- Manage and maintain strong relationships across the organisation
- Qualified Accountant
- Substantial experience of financial planning, budgeting and management reporting for a complex organisation
- Experience of working for an international NGO
- Strong business partnering skills, with experience in developing reports at the board level
- Experience of developing risk-based financial scenarios and modeling tools for senior managers.
- Team leadership skills, including direct line management and influencing across other teams.
- Knowledge of financial regulations set by a range of donors (institutional, trusts & foundations, and individuals) and experience of setting strong policies to ensure compliance with donor requirements.
Have a question about this job? Please visit for advice on applying, FAQs, and more.
Flexible working: Post-covid, we are giving our staff the choice to decide where they want to work for 80% of their week, with the other 20% of their week being office-based. .
ClientEarth values diversity and inclusion and the benefits this brings. We aim to appoint the most suitable candidate at all times and welcome applications from people from all different backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
Please note that ClientEarth is only able to employ those who have the pre-existing legal right to work in Germany or the UK.
ClientEarth is not a law firm and does not provide legal advice or legal services to third parties.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.