We're looking for an experienced Philanthropy Manager on a 12 month fixed term contract to take a lead on managing ClientEarth’s portfolio of private philanthropic support, helping to drive the growth of this vital income stream for ClientEarth.
The Philanthropy Manager is a key role in our growing development team and will assist the Head of Philanthropy in managing and delivering ClientEarth’s fast-growing private philanthropy, including supporting with strategy setting for the short, medium, and long-term needs of the team, delivering on the team KPIs and meeting budgetary targets.
- Implement the global philanthropy strategy as part of the overall fundraising strategy, liaising with senior leadership, programme leads, communications and finance so as to ensure ClientEarth can maximise the potential income from corporate, restricted and unrestricted income streams.
- Actively solicit, maintain and manage donor relationships across assigned portfolio as well as collaborating with the Global Head of Philanthropy and Philanthropy Manager to achieve shared income target objectives;
- Implement strategies for significant major donor relationships at all stages of the donor pipeline
- Manage relationships with stakeholders and act as a key facilitator and steward of relationships between supporters, senior staff and programme staff
- Significant fundraising management experience working in the development or philanthropy fields
- Demonstrable experience of securing five (or higher) figure gifts as well as multi-year commitments
- Ability to lead on multiple workstreams and respond to competing deadlines and emerging opportunities.
- Fluent (CEFR level C2) in English
Have a question about this job? Please visit our Careers site for advice on applying, FAQs, and more.
Flexible working: Our flexible working policy allows our people the choice to decide to work from home in the country where their contract of employment is issued for 80% of their month, with the other 20% of their month being office-based See our Benefits page for more.
ClientEarth values diversity and inclusion and the benefits this brings. We aim to appoint the most suitable candidate at all times and welcome applications from people from all different backgrounds.
Please note that ClientEarth is only able to employ those who have the pre-existing legal right to work in the UK.
ClientEarth is not a law firm and does not provide legal advice or legal services to third parties.