Join us as a French-speaking Programme Officer in our and help play an important role in delivering our work to protect the world's forests and reduce the threat of global climate change.
The primary focus of this role is to support our Africa Forests team in its work with local lawyers, NGO partners and local communities to design, implement and enforce laws around the use of forests and land in focus countries across West and Central Africa, particularly in Gabon, Ivory Coast, and the Republic of Congo.
Meet your Manager
In this role, you will be managed by Ailsa Griffith, the Senior Programme Officer for the Climate & Forests team who is based in London. Ailsa joined ClientEarth in July 2020, and has over 5 years' experience supporting international women's rights, gender equality and environmental programmes in four key areas: project management, monitoring and evaluation, advocacy and strategic planning. Previously she worked at the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists on programmes championing the sexual and reproductive health and rights of women and girls globally. She holds a Master's Degree in Human Rights and Democratisation.
- Administrative support including processing and monitoring payment requests and invoices
- Supporting the development and implementation of project plans, as well as recording the team's progress made against these plans.
- Liaison with in-country partners to support their financial reporting requirements
- Coordinating workplanning and reporting meetings with local partners
- Contributing to developing, expanding and improving the Africa Forests team's online presence and activity
- Assisting with the organisation of events, trainings and webinars
- Experience working in a support position to a team
- Experience of financial administration including processing finance reports, receipts or invoices
- Experience of working in international development and of coordinating and supporting overseas partners and projects (highly desirable)
- Fluent (CEFR level C2) in English
- Fluent (CEFR level C2) in French
- Well-developed inter-personal communication style and ability to work collaboratively with a team split across different geographies
- Strong time management skills, and the ability to be agile and flexible when dealing with competing priorities and unexpected change or delays
Interviews for this role will be taking place via Zoom on Monday 10th May 2021.
Have a question about this job? Please visit for advice on applying, FAQs, and more.
Flexible working: Post-covid, we are giving our staff the choice to decide where they want to work for 80% of their week, with the other 20% of their week being office-based. .
ClientEarth values diversity and inclusion and the benefits this brings. We aim to appoint the most suitable candidate at all times and welcome applications from people from all different backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
Please note that ClientEarth is only able to employ those who have the pre-existing legal right to work in the UK.