£33,150 - £35,000 per year
Permanent, Full-time
Job description

We are looking for a London-based Senior Grants Officer to join our Development department. In this role, you will be managing a large portfolio of grants that fund our vital work - using the power of the law to protect our planet.

Our Development Department is responsible for raising the funds that enable the organisation to deliver its mission. The department is formed of several fundraising strands: an established grants programme, securing funding from trusts, foundations and institutional donors; a newly formed Digital Fundraising raising income from the public; and the Philanthropy team, working with a wide range of individuals and organisations to raise primarily unrestricted gifts to support ClientEarth's work.

Meet your Manager

In this role you will be managed by our Head of Grants, Eleonora Arcese. Eleonora joined ClientEarth in 2016 and is based in London. She leads the team that manages and stewards ClientEarth's growing funding portfolio, which includes foundations, trusts and statutory and institutional donors. Prior to joining ClientEarth, she worked for a number of environmental NGOs where she managed a portfolio of projects focused on EU and international climate and energy policy, sustainable development, and conservation.

In her spare time, Eleonora is also a Trustee of the Board of the Hawks and Owls Trust, in the UK.

Main Duties

  • Working with the Head of Grants and our legal teams to effectively deliver a work plan comprising a busy reporting and renewal schedule;
  • Leading and coordinating internal stakeholders including our finance, legal, communications and operations teams to produce and review the required materials to satisfy grant and funding requirements;
  • Maintaining and strategically utilising our databases (including Raiser's Edge and SharePoint);
  • Representing the Development team and ClientEarth at external meetings with relevant stakeholders, to cultivate and steward new or existing funder relationships.

Role requirements

  • Significant experience of working in a grant management or project management role for a charity, NGO, private or public entity
  • Experience in managing six and/or seven figure grants/gifts
  • Experience of reporting to private foundations including trusts and foundations
  • Experience drafting proposals and securing funding from foundations and other funding institutions (six and/or seven figures)
  • Significant knowledge of budgeting, and organisational finances
  • Ability to work with fundraising databases and internal information management systems (e.g. Raiser's Edge, SharePoint) (Desirable)

Further Information

Flexible working: Post-covid, we are giving our staff the choice to decide where they want to work for 80% of their month, with the other 20% of their month being office-based.

We are moving offices in London later this year. Our new office is located close to Drayton Park overground and Highbury & Islington stations.

ClientEarth values diversity and inclusion and the benefits this brings. We aim to appoint the most suitable candidate at all times and welcome applications from people from all different backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.

Please note that ClientEarth is only able to employ those who have the pre-existing legal right to work in the UK.

ClientEarth is not a law firm and does not provide legal advice or legal services to third parties.

More about ClientEarth

We are a non-profit using the power of the law to bring about end-to-end systemic change: informing, implementing and enforcing the law, drafti... Read more

Refreshed on: 12 May 2021
Closed date: 17 May 2021
Job ref: 0445
Tags: Admin, Fundraising