Cloudesley is seeking two experienced and motivated Grants Managers to join its small team as it increases its grant-making over the coming period.
Cloudesley is an independent charitable trust, working in Islington to support people, organisations and churches. As a local relational funder, we aim to add value to our funding by using our knowledge, sharing information, facilitating networking, learning from our grants and working with other organisations.
About the roles
These are interesting and varied positions which involve forging strong relationships with many different partners, helping to develop new initiatives and supporting a wide-ranging portfolio of funded organisations.
For 2021/22, we have a grants budget of £1.6 million, including additional funding to help respond to the ongoing impacts of Covid-19. Our Grants Managers will oversee our grant-making activity and other support which is delivered through two main programmes:
- Health Grants to support Islington residents with health problems or who are disabled and struggling financially, as well as for local organisations.
- Church Grants to support Islington’s Church of England churches to help them maintain their church buildings and the services within them.
The Grants Managers will support the work of the charity by:
- Developing and implementing our grant-making programmes, procedures and policies
- Continuing to develop good relationships and work collaboratively with local voluntary organisations, churches and other agencies
- Researching the needs of Islington residents, local voluntary organisations and eligible churches and developing appropriate programmes in response
- Producing written grants, policy and other reports
- Deputising for the Director as required
We are advertising these as full-time posts (37.5 hours per week) but are also open to considering applications to work four days per week. Occasional evening work will be required, particularly for Board and committee meetings which usually finish around 6.30pm, and for other events.
Cloudesley operates a pension scheme into which it makes a contribution equivalent to 8% of the employee’s salary. Employees are required to make a minimum contribution of 3% of their salary, with the option to make additional voluntary contributions. Cloudesley staff also have access to a range of benefits available through an employee assistance programme.
Cloudesley is committed to valuing diversity, promoting equity and equal access, and ensuring inclusion in all it does. We recognise that we need to do more but are strongly committed to combatting racism, discrimination and inequality and ensuring that we work in order to achieve this. We recognise the power, resources and advantages that Cloudesley has as an independent, endowed charitable trust and strive to act responsibly and fairly in line with our stated values. We seek to develop and retain a staff team and Board that reflect the Islington community within which we work. We will identify and take positive steps to remove any barriers to participation and recruitment of people who are currently underrepresented as staff or Trustees.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a comparable role
- Experience of grant programme management
- Excellent relationship skills management and the ability to work professionally with a wide range of people
- Excellent written English and attention to detail, with research and report writing experience
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to interpret accounts, financial data and complex information
- Ability to think and plan strategically
- IT literate, including experience of grants management software, preferably Salesforce
- Experience of organising and managing meetings and events
- Self-motivated with experience of managing a diverse workload
- Knowledge of issues faced by inner city communities
- Knowledge of current welfare benefits system and/or health inequalities
- Knowledge of the Church of England and the work of churches
If you are interested in finding out more about these roles, the charity's work and how to apply, please see the recruitment pack below and our website.
Deadine for applications: Monday 4th May, 10am
We will contact you to acknowledge receipt of your application and will let you know by Wednesday 12th May if you have been shortlisted for interview.
Interviews: Monday 17th and Friday 21st May
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.