Do you have accounting experience? Would you like to run away with the circus? We are looking for a Treasurer to join our dedicated team of Trustees.
You will be responsible for supporting the CEO annual budgets, forecasts, statutory reporting and produce quarterly reports to the Board of Trustees as well as the annual accounts. As a voluntary member of the Board, you will play a key part in shaping the strategy and direction of the Charity to bring more laughter and play to children who really need it.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities. We actively encourage BAME and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by the Clowns Without Borders UK.
ROLE: Board Trustee, Treasurer
SALARY: N/A – Voluntary Role
BASE: Home working, Zoom
ACCOUNTBALE TO: Chair of Trustees
Governance The Board is the ultimate governance body for the charity, serving as stewards of its resources, and ultimately responsible for our strategy, operations and financial management. Our board ensures we comply with our governing document and charity law and pursue our objectives. They are responsible for providing supporting, guidance and decisions to the CWB team, ensuring the effective and efficient administration of the organisation.
Trustees are elected for a 2-year term but with the opportunity to be re-elected.
Strategy and Governance
• To contribute actively to the Board of Trustees’ role in giving firm strategic direction to the charity, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets
• Ensure high standards of governance and risk management
• Ensure the organisation is accountable and transparent in its activities
• Ensure compliance with relevant charitable and company legislation
• Safeguard the interests of Clowns Without Borders’s beneficiaries
• Ensure sound financial oversight including review and approval of the annual budget
• Oversee of high standards of financial management
• Act as an ambassador for Clowns Without Borders
• Liaise with the Executive Director to ensure that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place and followed
• Oversee and present budgets, accounts, financial statements and financial reports to the Board
• Ensure that the financial resources of the charity meet its present and future needs and are within the charities objectives
• Support the Executive Director to develop and implement appropriate financial and reserves policies
• Passionate about the arts, culture and it’s ability to create positive impact
• Passionate in Children’s Rights
• Embodying the values of CWB and endeavoring to maintain a spirit of joy, peace, compassion and loving kindness in the way we work together on the Board
• Enthusiastic about our mission and able to support this through the sharing of ideas, professional expertise and networks
Trustees are asked to give around four to six days per year to Clowns Without Borders UK . We have three Board Meetings per year usually over Zoom as our Trustees are based around the world. We aim to have one face-to-face meeting per year, usually in London.
We ask all of our Trustees commit to preparing for and attending Board meetings and additionally supporting and working with the organisation where their skills and expertise can best be used . We recognise that Trustees will have to balance their commitment to Clowns Without Borders UK and work commitments and aim to be as flexible as we can.
The position of Trustee is unpaid. However, all reasonable out-of-pocket expenses incurred will be reimbursed in line with our Expenses Policy.
Application and Interviews
Please submit detalis outlining why you would like to be our Treasurer and a CV
Interviews will be held w/c 16th November.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.