We need an outgoing self-motivated person to lead our marketing work communicating our mission to schools, coaches and pupils through social media and email communications.
You will be responsible for our social media, email campaigns and play a key role in building our pupil and coach communities.
We are a social mobility movement committed to ensuring that every young person experiences educational equity.
As an award-winning, fast-growing charity our mission is to support young people from disadvantaged communities to identify and fulfil their potential. Working in partnership with schools, we deliver academic tutoring programmes that improve a pupil’s grades, confidence and independence so they can win places at top universities and on high level apprenticeships.
Having turned six years old in February 2020, we’re at an exciting stage of growth and have ambitious plans to scale our impact and reach. This academic year, we are supporting over 4000 pupils. Currently working across London, the South East, the West Midlands and the South East, we are looking to thoughtfully scale our academic programmes into hard-to-reach deprivation areas.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead on using our platforms to communicate with our pupils, coaches and teachers (Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter and Facebook)
- Create and schedule original content for our platforms
- Collaborate with the programmes team to ensure the latest delivery news is shared
- Create and deliver targeted campaigns to our key stakeholders so they feel part of our social mobility movement,
Joint brand engagement with partners:
- Engage our school and wider partners on our marketing messages
- Build relationships with other marketing teams to ensure wider reach and engagement.
Press and Media coverage
- Write press releases on key CoachBright news and updates
- Engage journalists directly on stories critical to the charity
Essential characteristics and experience
- Passion for social mobility: we have big aims and are looking for those who share our desire to make education fairer in the UK so a person’s background does not determine their future.
- Independence: this role requires you to work independently/alone from time to time in the office and/or from home
- Resourcefulness: we’re a small, dedicated team - you must be a self-starter prepared for practical roles with lots of responsibility. A willingness to stay solution-focused with last minute challenges is a must!
- Marketing/Communications: experience leading or supporting marketing for an organisation
- Social Media management: experience managing social media accounts for an organisation.
- Experience of using video editing software (Final Cut Pro) to create short clips for social media
- Experience using social media management tools (Hootsuite, Tweetdeck)
- Experience editing photos (Adobe Photoshop)
When applying, do address your CV and cover letter to Robin.