Job Title: Senior Communications Officer
Contract Term: Fulltime
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
The Coalition for Global Prosperity brings together political, military, business and faith leaders who believe that an effective development budget, alongside an active diplomatic and defence strategy, keeps Britain at the forefront of saving lives, alleviating poverty and bringing freedom, security and prosperity to those who need it most. We hold a variety of high-profile events with senior politicians and thought leaders every month. Previous speakers have included British Prime Ministers David Cameron, Gordon Brown, Theresa May and Boris Johnson as well as thought leaders including Richard Curtis CBE and Sir David Attenborough. The Senior Communications Officer will sit at the heart of our small but dynamic team.
The Senior Communications Officer will work closely with colleagues to manage and deliver CGP’s communications activity and drive awareness and understanding of CGP’s work among a range of audiences. Proactive, with superb interpersonal skills, the Senior Communications Officer will be able to manage short and multiple deadlines. The successful candidate will support CGP in building excellent relationships with journalists, commentators, and external stakeholders, while also providing briefings and speaking notes to the senior team on a range of topics.
- Plan, manage and deliver communications projects to support CGP’s business and advocacy objectives.
- Manage CGP’s website, social media platforms, and draft press releases both proactively and reactively.
- Provide strategic communications advice to colleagues and the senior management team.
- Prepare a fortnightly external newsletter, briefings and speaking notes for the senior team and external speakers ahead of meetings and events.
- Lead on pitching in proactive and reactive articles, broadcast and media comment to relevant outlets for the organisation.
- Engage with journalists and external consultants to ensure the effective delivery of CGPs media objectives.
- Work with external stakeholders to promote and enhance CGP’s brand and reputation in the media.
- Draft articles for both print and online media, provide research and support advocacy and events projects.
- Monitor and share news and media stories relating to CGP’s work.
- Ad hoc tasks as directed by the CEO and senior team.
Desirable Qualities and Experience
- Interest in communications, international development and supportive of UK aid.
- Knowledge and understanding of UK politics and political structures.
- Demonstrable experience of drafting media articles and engaging with journalists.
- Previous experience of working in a political or communications role.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Independent worker, self-starter who can take responsibility for projects through to completion.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong IT skills.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.