Specifications: Part Time (0.6 FTE), Permanent
Salary: £24,500 FTE, 14,700 pro rata
Location: Flexible – Preferably London or Freiburg
Application Closing Date: 29th March 2020
This role is an exciting opportunity to use your experience as an Administrative Assistant to make a difference in the field of health care research.
The Administrative Assistant will provide effective and efficient administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer’s Office, primarily supporting the Governance and Strategy Unit and the External Affairs and Geographic Groups’ Support Unit.
The key areas of this role include:
1. Support to the Head of External Affairs & Geographic Groups’ Support:
- Scheduling quarterly meetings between the Head of Unit and Geographic Groups;
- Administrative/logistical support for Cochrane Geographic Network meetings (including US, China and India);
- Maintaining the fundraising database and other Excel databases;
- Maintaining Centres and Directors profiles on our membership database.
2. Support to the management of Cochrane’s Governance, strategic planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting Unit, including:
- Assisting the CEO Office’s governance support to the Cochrane Council and Executives;
- Organising in-person and online meetings or teleconferences, including co-ordinating agendas, circulating papers, organising refreshments and taking minutes;
- Maintaining administrative systems (databases/spreadsheets);
- Assisting the CEO Office’s governance support to the Cochrane Council and Executives.
3. Support to both Units:
- Diary support for the Head of Governance and Strategy Unit and the Head of External Affairs and Geographic Groups Unit, as required;
- Arranging travel and accommodation for the Heads of Units;
- Administration of the annual financial monitoring of all Cochrane Groups;
- Assisting with the production of PowerPoint presentations and other materials for use at meetings;
- Minute taking and following up on action points;
- Management of mailing lists related to the CEOO;
- Providing support to and cover for other administrative staff as and when required in order to ensure continuity of service;
- Undertaking other duties as necessary.
We are looking for a self-motivated and highly organised individual who is able to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse range of contacts across the world. The successful candidate will also have:
- Previous experience of providing administrative support to a team, many of whom are remote workers;
- Experience in complex scheduling and diary management;
- Intermediate level IT skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Strong organization and prioritization skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Professional telephone manner;
- Ability to work methodically and accurately;
- A flexible approach with the ability to respond quickly to issues as they arise;
- A pro-active approach to problem-solving;
- Awareness of handling confidential and sensitive information.
Cochrane is a global, independent network of health practitioners, researchers, patient advocates and others, responding to the challenge of making vast amounts of research evidence useful for informing decisions about health. We do this by synthesizing research findings to produce the best available evidence on what can work, what might harm and where more research is needed. Our work is recognised as the international gold standard for high quality, trusted information.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a CV along with a supporting statement with “CEOO Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. The supporting statement should indicate why you are applying for the post, and how far you meet the requirements for the post outlined in the job description using specific examples. List your experience, achievements, knowledge, personal qualities, and skills which you feel are relevant to the post.
For further information, please download the full job description from the attachments.
Deadline for applications: 29th March 2020 (12 midnight GMT)
Interviews to be held on: From 17th April 2020 onwards