Specifications: Full Time, Permanent
Application Closing Date: 2nd October 2019 (12 Midnight at GMT)
This role is an exciting opportunity to use your experience as a Publishing Technology Manager to make a difference in the field of health care research.
The Publishing Technology Manager will join Cochrane’s product team to oversee the management and development of the external publishing technology systems and vendors, including the editorial management system and production system.
The Publishing Technology Manager will work with the technology vendors, the Product Lead, Head of Review Production and Senior Editor (Publishing Operations) to ensure that Cochrane content is processed on time and to the desired specifications, and that any necessary development work or dependencies for new content types or workflows are captured and resolved.
We are looking for a self-motivated and highly organised individual who is able to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse range of contacts across the world. The successful candidate will also have:
- Educated to degree-level (or equivalent experience).
- Experience of production systems, typesetters and paginators within scientific publishing.
- Experience with web-based submission systems.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with people and teams from a range of functional, professional, linguistic and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrable experience of holding people to account.
- Exceptional organisation skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Theoretical and practical experience of change management.
- An understanding of how technology is affecting innovation within STM journal production and operations.
Cochrane is a global, independent network of health practitioners, researchers, patient advocates and others, responding to the challenge of making vast amounts of research evidence useful for informing decisions about health. We do this by synthesizing research findings to produce the best available evidence on what can work, what might harm and where more research is needed. Our work is recognised as the international gold standard for high quality, trusted information.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a CV along with a supporting statement with “Publishing Technology Manager” in the subject line. The supporting statement should indicate why you are applying for the post, and how far you meet the requirements for the post outlined in the job description using specific examples. List your experience, achievements, knowledge, personal qualities, and skills which you feel are relevant to the post.
For further information, please download the full job description.
Deadline for applications: 2nd October 2019 (12 midnight GMT)
Interviews to be held on: (TBC)