At CodeYourFuture, we offer refugees and people from disadvantaged backgrounds training courses in technical coding skills as well as soft skills, and help them find employment in the industry.
We are growing our reach, capability and impact, but we cannot do it without people like you!
We are now looking specifically for volunteers in the area of outreach. Outreach volunteers use their communication or organisational skills to help tell the CodeYourFuture story and run events, to bring in new students, volunteers and corporate partners into our fun, inclusive community.
In this role, we are looking for someone who may have experience in, or simply has the enthusiasm to learn and help with performing the following jobs:
1) NGO Outreach - Promoting CodeYourFuture to other non-profit organisations.
- Research and collate contact details of charities, NGOs, educational establishments for adults, training centres, and community groups that work with refugees, asylum seekers, and other disadvantaged (i.e. low-income, disabilities etc.).
- Find new students by contacting organisations working with refugees and disadvantaged groups with the goal of getting them to promote our program to their clients.
2) Applicant & Volunteer Outreach
- Attract new applicants for our courses as well as engage with applicants actively going through the application course or those who are now students.
- While the applicants are working on the initial tutorials as part of the application course, it is important to call them and ensure that they are clear about the process, are receiving emails and are actively working on the tutorials.
- Many applicants suffer from isolation and depression, so a call at this stage can provide a lot of motivation to students.
- As part of this role, you’d also help with finding new volunteers to join the team.
- CodeYourFuture doesn’t exist without the spirited work of all of our volunteers and we always need support with finding new ones.
3) Partnerships Outreach
- Make connections with for-profit companies who may be able to support CodeYourFuture in several ways:
- General fundraising
- Longer term sponsorships
- Corporate volunteers
- Hiring graduates of the programme
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.