Coeliac UK currently has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Finance to join them based in High Wycombe and from home. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £55,000 - £60,000 per annum, based on experience.
The Director of Finance role:
Working as a member of the senior management team (SMT) to lead the strategic development of the charity with specific responsibility for the delivery of financial management best practice and governance. You will also act as Company Secretary to the charity and its associated Trading Company.
Key responsibilities of the Director of Finance:
- Provide the SMT, CEO and Governors with regular financial reporting and insights that clearly identify opportunities and gaps and inform key decisions, planning processes and policies
- Work as part of the senior management team (SMT) to lead the development of plans budgets and forecasts to deliver the charity’s strategic aims
- Work with Budget Holders to develop their financial understanding and ownership of individual budgets
- Lead the Risk Management process and Risk Register updates across the organisation with the support of the SMT and CEO
- Design, develop and manage the Charity’s internal audit approach with the support of SMT
- Oversee the recording and processes for managing third party contracts including ensuring that they are effectively stored and renewed in a timely manner, as appropriate
- Develop and lead the Finance team to make the most of their skills and experience, motivate and inspire them and deliver against plan and budget
- Adhere to the charity’s policies and values
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required for the Director of Finance:
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Strategic thinker with ability to analyse data and draw meaningful conclusions
- Broad understanding charity governance and financial probity
- Excellent planning and budgetary skills
- Experienced manager with proven project management skill
- An ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification is essential
- Ability to think strategically and translate to practical reality
- Supportive manager able to develop staff competencies
- High levels of literacy
- Motivated, co-operative team player
If you would like to be considered as our Director of Finance, please apply now with your CV and cover letter. We’d love to hear from you!