Established in 1988, Colchester and Tendring Youth Enquiry Service [Y.E.S.]. provides a confidential, non-judgemental, and informal support service for young people between the ages of 11 and 25 within Colchester and Tendring Districts of North Essex, who are facing difficulties in their lives.
We are now seeking a new Chief Executive with a strong strategic background and a robust
understanding of the support Y.E.S. provide to young people, to motivate, inspire and lead Y.E.S. through the next exciting phase of our strategic development.
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate substantial senior management experience, preferably at Director / Chief Executive level
- Have a proven track record of securing funding through a range of activities including successful bid writing
- Have a proven track record in developing and delivering effective, high impact services
- Have previously worked in the third/ voluntary sector, preferably in the field of working with young people
- Be a strong and inspirational leader and team player, with experience of successfully managing and communicating organisational development
- Have knowledge of charitable governance and experience of working closely with Trustees
Education and Qualifications
Degree level or equivalent.
Business Management qualification desireable
A Counselling qualification or professional qualification for working with children & young people desirable
Salary: £40,000 per year
Hours: 37 per week, worked flexibly to allow for occasional evening and weekend working
Location: Colchester, Essex
Additional Requirements: Applicants must hold a full driving licence. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a DBS check.
Tenure: Permanent subject to a successful probationary period
Closing date and application deadline: Monday 21st September at midday.
Interview date: It is anticipated that Interviews will be undertaken in the week beginning 28th September 2020
Applications are invited by way of a CV and a supporting letter indicating why you are interested in this position and how you meet the requirements of this role.
If you are interested in learning more about the organisation and this post, please
contact Alistair McGarry, Chair of Trustees for Colchester and Tendring Y.E.S.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.