Mary’s Meals is a global movement that sets up school feeding projects in some of the world’s poorest communities, where poverty and hunger prevent children from gaining an education.
Our idea is a simple one that works. We provide one daily meal in a place of learning in order to attract chronically poor children into the classroom, where they receive an education that can, in the future, be their ladder out of poverty.
The Marketing and Communications Officer works as part of the communications team to raise awareness of our work within the UK in order to attract new supporters and develop relationships with existing supporters, while ensuring the values of the organisation are upheld and promoted in all communications activities.
The role includes responsibility for developing dynamic content and engaging with different target audiences, including supporters, donors and people new to Mary’s Meals.
You will work closely with supporter engagement colleagues to ensure a consistently integrated approach.
Principle duties include:
- Utilise a range of digital platforms to grow fundraising and awareness for Mary’s Meals, including social media channels, email marketing and website – including content production for all channels.
- Plan, develop and produce compelling supporter resources, including appeal letters, information booklets, magazines and posters.
- Increase engagement with new and existing supporters through the creation of meaningful content and marketing activities (all in keeping with Mary’s Meals’ distinct storytelling and fundraising style).
- Contribute to the creation of creative campaigns and content that tell the Mary’s Meals story and build support for our vision.
- Liaise with colleagues in Mary’s Meals International (MMI) on the implementation of global campaigns and to secure content from our school feeding programmes for communications activities.
- Support development of potential new marketing activities, including advertising, Google AdWords and tailored communications to supporters.
- Regularly monitor and review data across the various communications channels and contribute to evaluation reports.
- Perform ad hoc duties as required to support the department.
Please see the recruitment pack from our website by selecting the APPLY instructions on Charity Job.