£30,000 - £35,000 (per annum) + benefits
35 hours a week
Remote (with 1 or 2 visits to our head office RG41 5RD a month)
About the role:
We are looking for a Community Liaison to support and empower communities across the UK to be more stoma friendly and provide better support to those living with a stoma. We are a national charity and want to enable individuals, support groups, hospitals and other organisations to collaborate locally and your role will be to facilitate and encourage this.
You will be an ambassador for Colostomy UK, speaking on our behalf, promoting our support services, activities, and campaigns nationwide. Identifying and detecting opportunities for the development and growth of our charity will be an exciting part of this role, alongside ensuring we are reaching as many beneficiaries as possible that want or need our support.
This role is remote, with extensive UK wide travel. Most of your time will be out and about meeting people, so if you are a confident driver with access to your own car for business use, this would be an advantage. This role may involve overnight stays, early mornings, evenings and weekends so flexibility is a must. You will spend 1 or 2 days a month working at our Head Office, RG41.
You’ll need to have a naturally confident and amicable demeanour, with the ability to build rapport and long-lasting meaningful relationships with professionals across different industries and individuals within the community. You’ll have strong organisational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks and manage a busy diary that takes you across the country. As an excellent communicator with strong ability to influence, you’ll be comfortable networking and delivering training to large groups of people. You’ll be resourceful, proactive and efficient, with a flexible community-oriented approach.
Core role responsibilities
· Develop strategies and activities to enable us to engage all demographics in the communities.
· Develop, maintain, and build key relationships with stoma care nurses, support groups and individuals in the stoma community.
· Support individuals to set up support groups in their area and act as a mentor to help them develop and grow the group, ensuring that we have a strong presence across the UK.
· Facilitate dialogue and community collaboration between local organisations; schools/ universities, businesses, charities and individuals.
· Work closely with event organisers and our Volunteers Manager to ensure we are represented at stoma open days, fundraising events and local events.
· Manage the delivery of our face-to-face and virtual active ostomates, and care workshop programmes.
· Develop, manage and deliver Stoma Awareness Training to an array of organisations looking to upskill their staff. This includes upskilling our volunteer team to be able to also deliver this training nationwide.
· Identify local fundraising opportunities and discuss potential opportunities with the Fundraising Manager.
· Support the Volunteer Manager to develop and deliver the volunteer and engagement strategy for mutual volunteer support, working closely with them regarding volunteer roles and their requirements.
· Work with the CEO and Marketing & Campaigns Manager to ensure representation at different meetings and forums across the UK.
· Write and present regular reports for team, management and board meetings.
The job pack includes the full job description and person specification.
Colostomy UK is a national charity that offers support and advice to people who have had stoma surgery (ostomates) and to their friends, families and carers. Our projects empower ostomates to return to sports, hobbies and other activities after their surgery and give them the confidence to take on fresh challenges. We also advocate for ostomates’ rights and are their voice on the bigger issues. Our campaigns raise awareness of ‘life with a stoma’ and encourage organisations to make their facilities more inclusive.
We have a range of benefits that we offer our team, these include:
· Private Health Care, including an employee assistance programme, remote GP, counselling, physiotherapy, medical diagnostics and treatment.
· Access to benefit platform for a wide range of discounts on everyday spends plus gym discounts.
· After two years of service, annual leave allowance increases by one day per year until you reach 30 days (pro rata)
· Season ticket loan
· 5% contribution to pension scheme
· An extra day holiday for your birthday and one day off a year to volunteer
· Training and development opportunities to support your learning and growth
· Fresh fruit in the office
· Free on-site parking
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a one page covering letter to Leanne Wood, Head of Support and Operations by midnight on 1st January 2024. Details of what to include in your cover letter can be found in our job pack. Please also attach a completed equal opportunities monitoring form.
First interviews will take place via Zoom and second interviews will be in person at our Head Office in Winnersh. We will only contact those applicants who have been successfully selected for interview. If you require any adjustments during the interview process, please let us know.
An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this post and all applicants must be eligible to work legally in the United Kingdom.
In your cover letter, please tell us:
• About your relevant experience
• What skills and qualities you will bring to the role
• Why you’d like to work for us
• Where you saw the job advertised
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.